FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Hvac panel back lights

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Hvac panel back lights

Possibly a Stupied question, but can't seem to find photos, just laid the interior wiring back into 10630, started installing the hvac panel and radio, I can't find the 4 bulbs for the back lighting, the 3 for the bottom, doors, fan and defrost are right there. But not the other 4
    Anyone have photos of their harness? Is it a second add on harness Purhaps I've misplaced?, or did some cars not get the lights?
    I remeber them in my 81' but don't really want to have to take it apart again to look.
    Thanks in advance image.jpg

My VIN:    03572

The four light sockets are hardwired into the harness. Would be hard to miss. Maybe somebody cut them out.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

That's what I thought Dave, littlerly not any where to be found, nothing cut. Wish I had paid more attention on removal

I see a red/black wire combination going from the harness on the left side of the picture. Where does that lead? It's possible they're still connected but buried somewhere in that bundle of wires. I think the wire combination for those lights is red/black.

My VIN:    3937

Hard to tell for me which way your bracket is facing relative to the car in your picture.

Here is a picture I took when I did my stereo work a couple seasons ago. You can see the lights and the red/black wires in them. I can't say for certain, but it looks like they come off the jumble of wires/harness that is coming up from the rear along the passenger side edge of the centre arm rest (underneath about where your cigar lighter would be normally).

IMG_3196.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior