FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the DMC stainless care kit.

My VIN:    3610

Opinions on the DMC stainless care kit.

My dad got me the Dmc Stainless Care Kit. And I usually spot clean the car with windex and a microfiber. So does the kit do a good job of cleaning the car.

My VIN:    05141

I have one of those, never used it.
    Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    I have one of those, never used it.
    Jan
    It is more of a collectable than anything. The piece of Sctotch-Brite is useful. The best thing to use is the Chemsearch? spray that some of the Delorean venders sell (not as part of the cleaning kit). I mainly use car wash soap, Windex, and alcohol to clean the S/S. For minor scratches the blending pad and for deeper scratches, sandpaper.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5312

I am a new owner and iw as just thinking this same question. But Ssaleen who'm i bought the car from included a great bottle of barkeepers friend for me when i bought it and had it shipped to me. Stuff works amazing so i been hesistant to buy the kit.

My VIN:    3610

I asked because I haven't given my car a deep wash yet, and was wondering if the products in the kit worked well or not.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

I'm not sure if DMC is selling updated kits, or NOS. I'd think new products would do a better job than what was available 30 years ago. When you add the age of the product - I'm not sure it would work very well or not.

I have a kit, 30 years old - but its never occurred to me to try to use it - its just a collectible to me.

30 years ago is before home kitchens really took off with stainless steel. A lot of product development has gone into new cleaners and polymer coats in that time. I'd bet almost anything you buy today at Home Depot would do a superior job, and cost a lot less.

Stainless is pretty easy to clean. After that you have to decide if you want a wet look or a not. The big issue seems to be finding a product that minimizes fingerprints.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

The current kits are "fresh" chemicals from the original provider, in NOS boxes.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I bought a kit when I got my car. Haven't opened it.
    I use Car soap for the deep cleaning, Windex and microfiber cloths for minor upkeep.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

I put mine in the garage before I washed it, so I've been going panel by panel....I've been using simple green to clean it, then i go over it with vinegar (yes, normal distilled vinegar) and S/S cleaner (although as much as I keep hearing about barkeepers friend, I may have to buy that), it seems to work pretty well.

My VIN:    16375

SS car kit

I find that the leather cleaner doesn't work well. No difference after using it on one seat. The scotch Brite pad works well. I always display the kit at car shows. No other cars come with their own cleaning kit.
    Everytime I open the garage door, my car costs me a roll of toonies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast