FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opinions on the DMC stainless care kit.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    I find that the leather cleaner doesn't work well. No difference after using it on one seat. The scotch Brite pad works well. I always display the kit at car shows. No other cars come with their own cleaning kit.
    For Leather products take a look at Leatherique.com. IMHO their products are the best. The website has a LOT of good information about how to care for leather. If you need dye they have our colors on file.
    David Teitelbaum

In 1982 I ended up with more than a dozen of the original kits from some inventories another owner and I purchased. We gave them away (this is the early 80's now) and everyone liked to use them, especially the cleaner-sealer. The original kits are long gone of course. I have purchased a kit or two from DMCH because I still like to use cleaner-sealer. It cleans the metal very well and leaves a protection that allows the shampoo to clean very effectively and keeps finger prints easy to remove. Clean stainless has an oxidation haze that forms pretty fast. Since I don't drive the car every day anymore the need to do a deep clean with that cleaner-sealer has dropped off to once every couple of years. But, in my opinion it sure keeps the stainless easy to keep clean. I think the other leather stuff is ok. Over the years I prefer to use the cleaners and conditioners I gravitated to when I could no longer get the kit stuff and so, basically, I only use the cleaner-sealer now. I would suggest you use the kit and see for yourself. You can always save the bottles and box for show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2