FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

I also think there are a few different fonts on these.....

My VIN:    6125

The roentgen meter came from a CP95 Radiac which has the accurate meter housing with correct font. Other loose gauges that are found have come from other sources that are close but not accurate. I've got some pictures showing the different variations that I can post for you later this evening.

Torr Relays?

Hi Mark,
    I'm having to make my own 'Torr Laboratories' Vacuum Relays for my Flux Capacitor build - I've looked everywhere for these things... Do you (or anyone else reading this) know the diameter and height/thickness of the brass section of the relays? Thanks!
    M.Q
    Last edited by maxQ; 09-08-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Please post the pictures.....
    Thanks

Torr Laboratories TVS-1 High Voltage Relays

This is what I'm looking for... From my research they are; Torr Laboratories TVS-1 High Voltage Relays. Found in military communication equipment from WWII through to the Vietnam War. The consensus is that they are like trying to find a needle after the haystack has gone! You never know... Any help finding some, or the dimensions of the round brass casing/base of the relays would be very much appreciated.

mQ.

bttf-flux-capacitor-torr-relays1.jpg
    Torr TVS-1 High Volage Relays.jpg
    Attached Images

Replica Torr Relays

Quote Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
    Please post the pictures.....
    Thanks
    Chicken and egg thing. I need the dimensions etc. before I can make them. If I have to make them, this is what I'm looking at doing:

1. Turn a master pattern to replicate the brass base. Drilled to take the 'vacuum tube', stepped/shouldered on top to take a 1.5mm thick brass plate. Diameter? (need dimensions). The master will be moulded in silicon rubber, I'll then make 3 castings using epoxy resin mixed with brass powder. OR depending on the size I might just turn the 3 of them out of brass tube.
    2. I'll make a master pattern of the glass vacuum tubes. These will be cast (with the correct internals) in crystal clear epoxy. You have to be careful with epoxy as it can be challenging to get it "crystal" clear. Sometimes it can be "cloudy" and no matter how much fine sanding and polishing it is never quite as clear as it's name suggests. If I have any issues I'll hit it with a 2-Pack epoxy lacquer.

The thing to remember about casting things, especially casting something clear is get rid of the air bubbles. I 'degas' mixed resins etc. in a vacuum chamber before I use them. If you don't have a vacuum chamber you can (sometimes) get away with leaving the poured mould on a running drill press with a bolt off-set in the chuck to cause some vibration. This helps get rid of most of the air bubbles but usually there's always one or two and ALWAYS where you don't want them! Apart from not being 100% effective, leaving a drill press running (or any other machine for that matter) is highly dangerous and I would strongly advise you NOT to do this.

mQ.

My VIN:    07000

Someone had discovered that the top housing from a Pittman motor (we use those for our dome drives on R2 and other such droids) is the right diameter and height for the Torr Relay base, and so he took one and used that as a mold for his resin pours, then drilled the various holes with his drill press.

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Someone had discovered that the top housing from a Pittman motor (we use those for our dome drives on R2 and other such droids) is the right diameter and height for the Torr Relay base, and so he took one and used that as a mold for his resin pours, then drilled the various holes with his drill press.
    Thank you for the heads-up, I'll check it out. I found some "spark plug" Caps that look right for the top of the glass relays. I had searched for ages until I came across 'distributor boots' by accident... So, it looks like they are distributor boots not spark plug caps. I found some on eBay, they look exactly like the ones used on the Flux Capacitor. The only thing is... they are black not orange. Anyone know where the orange ones came from? Thanks!
    mQ.

Hey Mark,
    Please post the pictures of the roentgen gauges......please let me know which one was used on the A car
    Thanks

My VIN:    it's over 9000....well 3070

muffler filters?

whats the model of the muffler filters on the rear passenger side near the capacitors? Thanks in advance

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast