FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    As far as the wormhole emitter / tachyon field generator goes, it's made up of a combination of found and fabricated parts.

The main body is a found part, one of the few that still remains a mystery as to what it really is.
    You mean like this?

puzzler-switch-03.jpg9.jpgpuzzler-switch-05.jpg
    Last edited by DMCVegas; 02-19-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Exactly like that.

My VIN:    6125

The first two photos are of the B car emitter and at some point in time someone sanded and polished the exterior smooth to remove the rough casting finish including the words cast into it. That third photo is of the A car emitter and you can see how the word Receive is barely visible (mostly sanded flush). The word Tone is hidden below the belt material.

It looks like there may have been some type of switch mounted to the exterior that pivoted on the round boss. It doesn't look like the switching mechanism had a whole lot to do with the actual function of the part itself though since the inner bores do not connect to it in any way.

at some point in time someone sanded and polished the exterior smooth to remove the rough casting finish including the words cast into it.
    Wasn't it Ohrberg who polished it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeaboy1 View Post
    Wasn't it Ohrberg who polished it?
    I don't know the answer for sure... At some point in the 90's castings were made of the B car emitter, one of which was on the A car for quite a while. Those castings are also smooth. It seems to have happened sometime shortly after filming which was when Ohrberg had the A car and some of the B car remains, so that would make sense from a timeline standpoint.

The first two photos are of the B car emitter and at some point in time someone sanded and polished the exterior smooth to remove the rough casting finish including the words cast into it. That third photo is of the A car emitter and you can see how the word Receive is barely visible (mostly sanded flush). The word Tone is hidden below the belt material.

It looks like there may have been some type of switch mounted to the exterior that pivoted on the round boss. It doesn't look like the switching mechanism had a whole lot to do with the actual function of the part itself though since the inner bores do not connect to it in any way.
    Unless these are old photos for sold parts, these are separate devices from private collectors who are seeking to identify these parts.

Here are the internal cross-references:
    cad1.jpgcad2.jpg

Though it isn't 100% complete as we cannot see if those two holes along the pivot point are connected to the bore on that side.
    Robert

Those photos are of the actual parts. The screen used parts. Posted by people seeking blind feedback from communities who may be able to identify them.

And is that your CAD, Mark?

Those photos are of the actual parts. The screen used parts. Posted by people seeking blind feedback from communities who may be able to identify them.

Robert

Yeah the first two photos of the B car emitter is literally the part that was attached to the B car. The one I noted as the A car emitter is the one that was originally on the A car, went into storage for a while, and is now back on the A car after the restoration.

And yes, that CAD screen grab showing the cross section of the wormhole emitter is a 3D solid model that I created 3 or 4 years ago.
    Last edited by Mark D; 02-19-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Yup that CAD screen grab showing the cross sections is a 3D solid model that I created 3 or 4 years ago.
    Gotcha.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast