FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: BTTF conversion, how to open the hood?

BTTF conversion, how to open the hood?

I recently purchased a BTTF car and I can’t reach the previous owner and I can’t figure out how to open the hood.

I removed the rear cockpit panel and pulled the lever and removed the bottom vents on the outside but it doesn’t lift and I don’t want to break anything.

Is there a universal way used to open the hood or anyone have any ideas?

My VIN:    05457

When you say "hood" I think you mean engine cover and not the front hood/bonnet correct? I assume every conversion is different, but perhaps you need someone to pull the latch release behind the driver seat at the same time you lift on the rear deck. With all the weight of the props it likely won't pop up like a stock DeLorean.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the conversions do away with the latch mechanism entirely. I can't imagine it would accidentally open with all that weight.
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I recently purchased a BTTF car and I can’t reach the previous owner and I can’t figure out how to open the hood.

I removed the rear cockpit panel and pulled the lever and removed the bottom vents on the outside but it doesn’t lift and I don’t want to break anything.

Is there a universal way used to open the hood or anyone have any ideas?

Really depends who made the conversion before you bought it. I'd suggest getting a few pictures and join the Delorean Time Machine Builders group on facebook. A lot of great information there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/473379333120185