FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by burch View Post
    IIRC, the embossing labeler in this case wasn't a Dymo, but a Rotex. I picked up a Rotex 880 on eBay a couple years ago. The font seems to be closer to what you see on screen than what the Dymo has. (Apologies if this was covered earlier in the thread)
    Can you find tape for these still or do the modern equivalents work?

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    07000

IIRC, the embossing labeler in this case wasn't a Dymo, but a Rotex. I picked up a Rotex 880 on eBay a couple years ago. The font seems to be closer to what you see on screen than what the Dymo has. (Apologies if this was covered earlier in the thread)
    That makes sense, as the kerning is much closer on the movie version, whereas the dyno labeler leaves a lot more space between the letters.

I finally gave up on worrying about that little detail, as we're the only ones who are going to notice (and of course it bugs me, but who cares what I think?), and the general public will freak out about cool it looks.

I mean, look at the car by RentDeLorean- have you seen his homemade Mr. Fusion? We know it's nowhere near being a Krups, but his clients and general onlookers don't give a hoot.

Labels from dymo on round gauge

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Can you find tape for these still or do the modern equivalents work?

Cheers
    Steve
    The modern equivalents work, however I have found that it is tough to get the 1/2" tape size locally anymore. You can get the 3/8" just about anywhere, but 1/2 is a bit tougher. I ended up buying some old Dymo tape through http://www.dymotapestore.com/. The size is right and the quality is good. The problem is that with this older tape, the adhesive isn't always the greatest anymore. A little double-sided tape on the back corrects that though

Here's what it looks like on my Flux: 20170309_120006.jpg

My flux build isn't 100% screen accurate, but more than close enough for my needs.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

The modern equivalents work, however I have found that it is tough to get the 1/2" tape size locally anymore. You can get the 3/8" just about anywhere, but 1/2 is a bit tougher. I ended up buying some old Dymo tape through http://www.dymotapestore.com/. The size is right and the quality is good. The problem is that with this older tape, the adhesive isn't always the greatest anymore. A little double-sided tape on the back corrects that though
    I never realized there were two sizes on the car... (Or that 2 sizes even existed) I just assumed they were all one sized (3/8").
    Thanks for the info.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I never realized there were two sizes on the car... (Or that 2 sizes even existed) I just assumed they were all one sized (3/8").
    Thanks for the info.

Cheers
    Steve
    So, based off my measurements on screencaps, I believe there are two sizes. Hopefully someone can either confirm, or shoot me down quickly

I managed to get my gauges done- they're non- functional and light up using battery powered miniature Christmas lights. Lots of thanks to Mark, mluder, and anyone else who shared some really great info!

My VIN:    6125

Just confirming that the ROTEX label maker is what was used, and there are two sizes of labels, 1/2" and 3/8. In the the photos above of Burch's flux he's got the upper two labels correctly overlapping by a slight bit.

Question Roentgen gauge ?

Is the Roentgen gauge made by Phaostron ? If not who makes it...where can I find one and what is the part #
    Also what are the dimensions of said gauge....
    Thanks in advance

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
    Is the Roentgen gauge made by Phaostron ? If not who makes it...where can I find one and what is the part #
    Also what are the dimensions of said gauge....
    Thanks in advance
    The Roentgen gauge is made by Simpson, PN 958516. The only confirmed piece of equipment that they were used on is Radiac CP-95. I don't have overall dimensions handy, but I can measure the one I've got. Your best bet at finding one is ebay, NSN searches for the radiac, or Fair Radio (fairradio.com)

I got mine through Fair Radio 6 or 7 years ago and if you call and ask they have them in stock from time to time. Expect to pay between $100-$200 though for an accurate one with the correct housing and meter face font.
    Last edited by Mark D; 05-03-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast