FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Hi there, I donĀ“t know if this was discussed before (try to use the search in this thread but found nothing)

Does anyone know the measures of the TCD enclosure 6061 aluminium sheets? (both lateral and upper) I know that they used 3 LMB heeger boxes which makes the overall width about 216mm plus 6mm of the 2 6061 aluminium sheets.

I would need the measurementes both in width and length (or length and height) of the lateral plates and the upper one (upper one would be something like "222mm x YYY mm")

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Fabius_Uy; 01-27-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Hi me again, this time with an odd one.

Does anyone know the tones used for the TCD FX? seems from the BTTF 1 movie that the digit inputs are just plain DTMF tones but BTTF2 and BTTF3 they sound slightly different. Also the time circuits on, input and error sounds seems that are not DTMF but some other tone.

I do have some movie recordings for research but I want to make the sounds using tone generation

If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be much appreciated

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Fabius_Uy View Post
    Hi me again, this time with an odd one.

Does anyone know the tones used for the TCD FX? seems from the BTTF 1 movie that the digit inputs are just plain DTMF tones but BTTF2 and BTTF3 they sound slightly different. Also the time circuits on, input and error sounds seems that are not DTMF but some other tone.

I do have some movie recordings for research but I want to make the sounds using tone generation

If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be much appreciated

Regards

If you can't find it here, head over to the Facebook group "Delorean Time Machine Builders Group". Anything and everything you need is there.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    If you can't find it here, head over to the Facebook group "Delorean Time Machine Builders Group". Anything and everything you need is there.
    Thanks

Hey Mark is there a wiring diagram anywhere? I know everyone has their cars built differently. But a basic diagram for having the time circuits, plutonium lights, flux, spectrum analyzer, roof console all synced together? I'll have to figure out the other stuff as I go but thought I'd start there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    OK cool, that won't be a problem at all, I'll pull open the model file and snap a few dimensions for you.
    Hi Mark

Im also looking for the readout displays measurements, but could not find the info posted.

Can you shoot them over PM? or here?

Best regards and thanks

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    Hey Mark is there a wiring diagram anywhere? I know everyone has their cars built differently. But a basic diagram for having the time circuits, plutonium lights, flux, spectrum analyzer, roof console all synced together? I'll have to figure out the other stuff as I go but thought I'd start there.
    There isn't a wiring diagram that I'm aware of. When the boards for the A car were created (Flux capacitor, time circuits, plutonium gauges, speedo, etc) they were all designed to talk to one another but that is specific to those parts and it was all hand run wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabius_Uy View Post
    Hi Mark

Im also looking for the readout displays measurements, but could not find the info posted.

Can you shoot them over PM? or here?

Best regards and thanks
    I have a drawing for the faceplate somewhere that I'll post here. There were half a dozen face plates created for the C car and they were all slightly different so what I created was an "ideal" version where all of the cutouts lined up at the top and bottom, and there were the consistent gaps between cutouts for each. In general they did a pretty good job making the face plates all match, but there were some small variations since they were all cut by hand.

My VIN:    4941

tfc box handle

Hello
    I have not seen anything on the forum addressing the installation of the "battery cleaner" handle on to the TFC time switch box. To that end, I have a technique that seems to work fairly well.
    1) Remove red handle
    2) Find a quarter inch drive 8 mm (or 9mm- depending on who makes it) deep socket. Check to see if socket slides into narrow cylinder area of battery cleaner.
    3) Go to hardware store and purchase a new screw (same thread as came out of red handle) 1and1/4 inch long. (length of screw may vary- depending upon socket....so test fit first as described in step 9)
    4) buy some locktite while you are there....as well as some 2 part epoxy....and 80 grit sandpaper.
    5) sand the outside of the socket with 80 grit sandpaper until rough and dull.
    6) sand the inside of narrow cylinder of the battery cleaner. (I used a long piece of 80 grit sandpaper, which I rolled into a cylinder shape).
    7) Place the small side of the socket (where the ratchet would attach) onto the handle receptor of the Dayton switch. It will be a perfect fit.
    Put some locktite around the threads of the machine screw.
    9) Thread screw through large end of socket into the handle receptor of Dayton switch....tighten...socket should be snug and tight to switch....with no play.
    10) Apply 2 part epoxy to the socket, and to the inside of the battery cleaner.
    11) Spin battery cleaner a few times to evenly distribute epoxy.
    12) Allow to set.
    I will post photos asap...

Any information on one of these parts from a Sikorsky Helicopter? Were there ever part numbers associated with them or a correct name for them? I've seen them called all kinds of things. I might have a lead on a real one, but if not I will likely have a 3D rendering made and then molded out of rubber/plastic.

68733988_3591652260860713_9199686627952164864_n.jpg

My VIN:    5611

If you dont get one made from foam I have a 3D model of this that i found online and remixed to the correct size with measurements taken from an original.

I also split the model into 4 sections and it goes together with aliglment pins and super glue.

See attached pics of the 3d print.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast