FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Just leave me out of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Just to clarify, I would not like anything to be removed (as in deleted). Mods please just split this thread so that the off topic discussion can continue elsewhere.
    I have no problem with that idea. However, I really don't see much of a benefit at all in trying to have a rational discussion with a ghost The mods can outright delete that stuff if they want to.

-Gary

My VIN:    4941

I'm just gonna quietly tip-toe outtta here...

I'd kind of like to know who the mystery man is myself. Easy to call out someone's work and integrity via the internet when you can remain anonymous.

My identity is of absolute insignificance to this site. I am not here to discuss my identity, I am here purely to discuss the A car, help fellow users (if I can) and learn interesting facts about the restoration from Mark D.

I have made comments with regard to the accuracy of Mr Weavers rear vent information (.dwg file) because the question was raised by another user. I have stated that the information is inaccurate and also that I am aware that Mr Weaver purposefully shared inaccurate information to be able to tell (at a later date) if a build was made using his reference. I am able to make both of these statements because I know with 100% fact (including evidence) that this was (one of) Mr Weavers motivations for leaving the information inaccurate. Whatever Mr Weaver states contrary to what I know to be factual is not only worthless, but absolutely pointless of further debate. (I do not waste my time debating with people who I know are being dishonest).

That is my last statement on the subject and I will not be coerced by either Mr Weaver or any of his affiliates (or anyone else) to discuss it further.

So what you're saying is that you won't tell this board who you are? Kinda makes you and the points you were trying to raise somewhat... pointless.

Honestly, that's fine by me. I see no point in trying to prove myself to a ghost.

Your comments serve no purpose but to cause problems which I strongly suspect was your goal all along.

Mods feel free to delete anything that you see fit to get Mark's thread back on course.

Thanks for playing.

-Gary

Quote Originally Posted by "What The Flux?" View Post
    My identity is of absolute insignificance to this site. I am not here to discuss my identity, I am here purely to discuss the A car, help fellow users (if I can) and learn interesting facts about the restoration from Mark D.

I have made comments with regard to the accuracy of Mr Weavers rear vent information (.dwg file) because the question was raised by another user. I have stated that the information is inaccurate and also that I am aware that Mr Weaver purposefully shared inaccurate information to be able to tell (at a later date) if a build was made using his reference. I am able to make both of these statements because I know with 100% fact (including evidence) that this was (one of) Mr Weavers motivations for leaving the information inaccurate. Whatever Mr Weaver states contrary to what I know to be factual is not only worthless, but absolutely pointless of further debate. (I do not waste my time debating with people who I know are being dishonest).

That is my last statement on the subject and I will not be coerced by either Mr Weaver or any of his affiliates (or anyone else) to discuss it further.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    I'd kind of like to know who the mystery man is myself. Easy to call out someone's work and integrity via the internet when you can remain anonymous.
    Certainly not the first rodeo for me and I doubt it will be the last. Some people just have nothing better to do than hide behind anonymous accounts and sock-puppets.

-Gary

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by "What The Flux?" View Post

This makes no sense... Why would Gary put intentionally put inaccuracies in his drawings to catch people using his material and then turn around and release that material to the general public? To what end? That's like leaving a $20 bill on the ground and announcing if any one wants it to take it, and then getting mad at someone for taking it.

I've had a few interactions with Gary and even bought something from him. His price was fair and I actually received more than I expected.
    I have also used his drawings and they worked perfectly... I've no complaints. If the screws are in the wrong spot or other minor inconsistencies it's on my best interest as a builder to verify and modify as I see fit. Otherwise they seem perfectly serviceable. Kudos to him for being so generous... I guarantee you that guy in Dallas isn't sharing anything.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    This makes no sense... Why would Gary put intentionally put inaccuracies in his drawings to catch people using his material and then turn around and release that material to the general public? To what end? That's like leaving a $20 bill on the ground and announcing if any one wants it to take it, and then getting mad at someone for taking it.

I've had a few interactions with Gary and even bought something from him. His price was fair and I actually received more than I expected.
    I have also used his drawings and they worked perfectly... I've no complaints. If the screws are in the wrong spot or other minor inconsistencies it's on my best interest as a builder to verify and modify as I see fit. Otherwise they seem perfectly serviceable. Kudos to him for being so generous... I guarantee you that guy in Dallas isn't sharing anything.

Cheers
    Steve

Spot on!

BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post

Cheers
    Steve
    Well said that man.

Gary W, has been helpful to me whenever I've had a question on replica building (as have others) and you can't deny the guy has talent. Just my pennies worth...
    Last edited by minispeedstar; 02-16-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Can I ask who made up the Perspex cover for the TFC during the restoration? As they deserve to be shot!... lol.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast