FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

PM?

Hi Mark,
    did you get my PM regarding the Distributor Boots from O'Reilly Auto Parts? Thanks.
    Tony

Junior Member Temporal Displacement's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxQ View Post
    Hi Mark,
    did you get my PM regarding the Distributor Boots from O'Reilly Auto Parts? Thanks.
    Tony
    I got a notification when sending a reply PM to Mark saying that his inbox is full and can't receive new messages. So Mark might not be receiving PM's? It also looks like I lost all of the content of my reply as a result??

My VIN:    it's over 9000....well 3070

flux banks

thinking of ordering these tubes for my flux bands. does this look right aluminum 3/4 od....

https://www.grainger.com/product/GRA...ecently_Viewed

Also what led light setup do you guys suggest, the EL wire gray used didn't seem bright enough
    Last edited by kgp4death; 10-07-2017 at 02:48 PM.

it's wrong it is 6ft, think i need 8 ft....can someone direct me to a reasonably priced aluminum tube...Grainger was close though

Flux Bands

These guys seem reasonable and shipping is not bad either.....can someone confirm the size?

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ube_6061t6.php

O.D. I.D. Wall Wt./Ft.(lbs.)Part No. Price / Ft
    3/4 0.680 .035 0.098 03-36150 $3.35
    3/4 0.652 .049 0.1288 03-36200 $3.75
    3/4 0.634 .058 0.1506 03-36300 $2.75
    3/4 0.620 .065 0.164 03-36350 $2.95

Flux Capacitor Window Seal?

Hi guys,
    slowly getting all my parts together for my Flux Capacitor build. I've been dragging my feet a bit making the master patterns for the Torr Vacuum Relays (I'm still looking/hoping to find some genuine ones). Anyway, there's something else I am looking for and hopefully I'll have a better chance of getting it lol...
    I looking for the correct window rubber. To me, the gasket profile looks asymmetrical. It looks thicker at the window and then tapers down to the outside edge. Of all the research I've done, the only replica Flux Capacitor I've see with the same window seal screen used one was on one of Bruce Coulombe's replica Flux Capacitors. Please see attached pics of the Coulombe replica Flux Capacitor and a couple of screen shots of the original one. If anyone can tell me where I get some I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Tony
    Gasket-Detai.jpgBruce Coulombe-Flux-Capacitor.jpgGasket-Detail2.jpg

My VIN:    07000

Indicator lights and lighted buttons on TCD keypad box

Hey Mark (or any of you who might know),

Do you know what was used for the square indicator lights as well as for the two pushbuttons on the TCD keypad box? I know the original TRW boxes had those in them - at least from what I can tell by Google images of original boxes, but what would be good for a reasonably close replica?

They look like round mounted indicators with the flush square lenses, but so far I could only find one in green, and it's 26mm vs 10mm.

I'm pretty close to wrapping up my replica, which I'll be offering both as a static version for the static TCD I make, and as an enclosure other builders can use with their own programmable (or whatever) TCD, since it seems finding actual TRW enclosures is nearly impossible.

Good news is what I'll be offering will be way more affordable than what's currently being offered. The TRW case as a kit will be thermoformed with separate keypad surround (printed) for about $50 bucks without the indicators. With them, I don't know as I have to find them and price them out. Or we just make new lenses so builders can add their own lights.

And a static TCD with backlit numbers, TRW case which is really for power and on/off/volume, and integrated bluetooth receiver and amp (with speakers side mounted in the TCD itself) will be about $350.

Greg

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Hey Mark (or any of you who might know),

Do you know what was used for the square indicator lights as well as for the two pushbuttons on the TCD keypad box? I know the original TRW boxes had those in them - at least from what I can tell by Google images of original boxes, but what would be good for a reasonably close replica?

They look like round mounted indicators with the flush square lenses, but so far I could only find one in green, and it's 26mm vs 10mm.

I'm pretty close to wrapping up my replica, which I'll be offering both as a static version for the static TCD I make, and as an enclosure other builders can use with their own programmable (or whatever) TCD, since it seems finding actual TRW enclosures is nearly impossible.

Good news is what I'll be offering will be way more affordable than what's currently being offered. The TRW case as a kit will be thermoformed with separate keypad surround (printed) for about $50 bucks without the indicators. With them, I don't know as I have to find them and price them out. Or we just make new lenses so builders can add their own lights.

And a static TCD with backlit numbers, TRW case which is really for power and on/off/volume, and integrated bluetooth receiver and amp (with speakers side mounted in the TCD itself) will be about $350.

Greg
    The indicators can be purchased separately from the green housing, they are Leecraft series 32 (square) and are still available new. I think the only color you can no longer get in the correct/accurate version are the clear ones. I believe those have changed slightly over the years, and you'd have to find two new old stock ones on ebay of the vintage design. Attached below is the spec sheet with the part numbers for each color. The only part of the indicator you actually need is the lens which can easily be removed.

Note, that the bottom clear indicator is an actual push button while the other four are simply lights. The two clear lenses are the same, but behind the bottom one is a momentary push button.

TCDLenses.jpg

4978608.jpg

TRWKEYPAD.jpg
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-19-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Well that’s just awesome. Thanks for the fast reply!!

So I’m guessing that all the indicator lights were converted to 12 volt (as they are Neon high voltage as stock), maybe LEDs? Also, for the bottom button, did you take a lens from one and just fit it over the push button?

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast