FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

My VIN:    6125

Here's a link to the data sheet that contains all the dimensions for the hammond enclosure that I used to make the CAD. I'm pretty sure a 3D STEP file is available from Hammond if you check their website or just email them. The full assembly CAD is not mine to share since I do not own the Stanley Readout model file. I can post the overall dimensions of the display though so you can make some LED displays that are the same size. Or if you're just looking for the size of the cutout you need to make in the enclosure let me know.

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/177/1591C-67011.pdf

A CAD model for the flux capacitor enclosure can be downloaded at the stahlin website, just enter the model number J1210HPL number here:
    http://www.stahlin.com/Stahlin_CFML/...ADFamilies.cfm

I can answer pretty much any question you have about the flux capacitor itself and list off PN's or dimensions of the internal parts. There are a million details in this one prop so let me know what kind of help you're needing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm not sure why you continue to post negative comments ...
    Because why take the trouble to answer someones question when you can just lambast someone else for not answering for you?

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Here's a link to the data sheet that contains all the dimensions for the hammond enclosure that I used to make the CAD. I'm pretty sure a 3D STEP file is available from Hammond if you check their website or just email them. The full assembly CAD is not mine to share since I do not own the Stanley Readout model file. I can post the overall dimensions of the display though so you can make some LED displays that are the same size. Or if you're just looking for the size of the cutout you need to make in the enclosure let me know.

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/177/1591C-67011.pdf

A CAD model for the flux capacitor enclosure can be downloaded at the stahlin website, just enter the model number J1210HPL number here:
    http://www.stahlin.com/Stahlin_CFML/...ADFamilies.cfm

I can answer pretty much any question you have about the flux capacitor itself and list off PN's or dimensions of the internal parts. There are a million details in this one prop so let me know what kind of help you're needing.
    Thanks so much for the info! I was wondering about thee cutout dimensions of the readouts. I plan on using some LED displays coupled to an Arduino. Once the speedometer project is done, I'll start on the Flux.

Thanks!
    Jayce

My VIN:    6125

OK cool, that won't be a problem at all, I'll pull open the model file and snap a few dimensions for you.

My VIN:    20034

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Hi Stan,

My friend and fellow DMC club member Tom "McFly" Sedor with have his 100% temporary and reversible Time Machine conversion at DCS 2016 and he will be giving a presentation.
    If you want to "hold off" on some of your purchases of parts until you see the presentation (and the Q&A session afterward), you may have a lot more of your questions answered.

While Tom's Time machine conversion is not 100% screen accurate, I'm sure its 88% or better and completely reversible in a few hours (half day?), with no interior or external holes
    drilled in any panels. The only non-reversible modifications were done, were to a spare engine cover that I supplied to Tom, to attach the vents and the plutonium chamber base.

No glass was removed (rear glass and both rear quarter glass remain installed). The quarter glass does cause a little glare in direct sunlight, but otherwise, it is not much of an issue.

Night photo taken at the Adler Planetarium on Chicago's Lake Front, with the skyline in the background.

Attachment 41697

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Sounds great Rich! I've already got my hotel reservation and look forward to meeting you and Tom and all the other wonderful folks coming in from around the country to SPRINGFIELD, Illinois!!!!

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'm not sure why you continue to post negative comments in this thread. I've said multiple times that if you have a specific question all you have to do is ask and I'll do my best to answer whatever I can. I don't know everything there is to know, nor do I have every single piece of information needed to build a 100% accurate car. There are literally thousands of parts that go into building an accurate replica. It took two dozen guys more than a year to restore the A car and no one person holds every single piece of information in a single comprehensive document. I was lucky enough to be a part of the restoration and I want to share whatever I can with people.

So please, ask a specific question and I'll do whatever I can to answer it for you. Hint: "Tell me everything" is not specific enough.
    I don't think I'm posting negative comments... Some one basically asked the same question I did and I responded by telling him what happened when I asked.

I think my complaint's pretty straight forward... I asked if there was some kind of master parts list - a spreadsheet identifying every found part. Most replica prop builders develop stuff like this when they know they may need access to the info again. You said there was one, that you had it, but that you weren't willing to share it. I think that's unfortunate.

Many people in the prop community are more than happy to share their research and will gladly publish parts list and how-to assemble videos, etc. Others are not so community minded and keep things close to the chest like it's there's alone to know. I guess I just don't understand that attitude. To reiterate a point I made earlier... The vinyl that covers the interior panels on the DeLorean is lost to time at this point... No one is sure exactly who made it and what the pattern was, etc. Now, imagine someone finds a source for an identical vinyl but they decide to keep it to themselves. After all, why should they share it, they did all the leg work. That's kinda what I'm getting from you.

It's nothing personal, I just don't understand it. You have your reasons, and it's your business. I don't hold it against you and I hope that you don't take it that way... we don't all have to agree on everything.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Hi Stan,

My friend and fellow DMC club member Tom "McFly" Sedor with have his 100% temporary and reversible Time Machine conversion at DCS 2016 and he will be giving a presentation.
    If you want to "hold off" on some of your purchases of parts until you see the presentation (and the Q&A session afterward), you may have a lot more of your questions answered.

While Tom's Time machine conversion is not 100% screen accurate, I'm sure its 88% or better and completely reversible in a few hours (half day?), with no interior or external holes
    drilled in any panels. The only non-reversible modifications were done, were to a spare engine cover that I supplied to Tom, to attach the vents and the plutonium chamber base.

No glass was removed (rear glass and both rear quarter glass remain installed). The quarter glass does cause a little glare in direct sunlight, but otherwise, it is not much of an issue.

Night photo taken at the Adler Planetarium on Chicago's Lake Front, with the skyline in the background.

Attachment 41697

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    If I cannot go, (can't get away from work as of today), can he post the Q & A on here for us that cannot make it? It would be cool to go but I just got a new Boss and it's tough to get away right now as how I am working some projects for work. Thank you if you can. I understand if you cannot.

I hope to make it though.

"Living the Dream!"

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

[SNIP]
    Hey Rich (or anyone that may know),

Is this reversible time machine VIN 5754? (Just wonder'in, so to update my records).

Thanks.
    Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    5754

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Hey Rich (or anyone that may know),

Is this reversible time machine VIN 5754? (Just wonder'in, so to update my records).

Thanks.
    Thomas

No VIN 5754 is my time machine and it is reversible. You can go to the HISSEM page to see all what this time machine is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hissem View Post
    No VIN 5754 is my time machine and it is reversible. You can go to the HISSEM page to see all what this time machine is about.
    So then, does anyone know the VIN of the reversible BTTF car Rich was referring to?

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast