Thanks for the great info Mark, and yeah, I get it as far as parts and Kevin (as well as others) not knowing everything. That's pretty much how it is for the most part in the R2 Builders group — a lot what we have was from measurements guys took whenever there was an exhibit going on, as well as from the old Star Wars Blueprints set, and so forth. Then there was a lot of effort into what certain parts looked like they were from, found parts, parts that no longer existed (or were cheap enough to buy like the Vickers Viscount reading lamps). Eventually people started making parts and sharing them, either the design, or how to make, or would do a run (at cost thanks to the license permissions we have from LFL). An example would be the restraining bolt. For years there was first an aluminum machined version, then a resin version (more affordable) made with permission from the guy who made the aluminum ones, and they looked passable. Then so many years later, a couple of the builders figure out EXACTLY what was used (Arri camera lens) and make a perfectly machined version (since the original is hard to find), and sell it for a very reasonable price. And now those guys have figured out the dimensions for our droids we've been using for the last 10 or 15 years are off by just a teeny little. So now there's a new standard - and fortunately the old standard for people who started their builds before the new info was found. AND NOW the new R2 for the movies, built by fellow club members, has a slightly taller dome... and thus a new standard is born.

Anyway, I want to make a 3D printed version of the Tachyon Field Generator, or Worm Hole Emitter, or... and if it comes out okay, I can offer it to others AT COST for print time and materials, or just throw up the model and let others do their own.
So, can I get some more pics- top, back, sides, front, and dimensions?

Greg