FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Does anyone have a CAD file depicting the time circuits? Or at least dimensions/measurements?

My VIN:    6125

I posted some info a few replies back:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...l=1#post164166

The link to LMB heeger appears to no longer work, here's a new one direct to the correct crown royal series boxes:

http://lmbheeger.com/cr852-bluegrey.aspx

The dimensions for the LMB boxes are 8.5 x 2.125 x 1.625.

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

These are the boxes that contain the LED displays? I'm planning on using the water jet at my school to make the metal case. What are recommended dimensions of the aluminum case? I also plan on 3D printing the keypad.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    These are the boxes that contain the LED displays? I'm planning on using the water jet at my school to make the metal case. What are recommended dimensions of the aluminum case? I also plan on 3D printing the keypad.
    Yes these are the actual LMB enclosures they used on the screen used cars. You'll need three total and there is a face plate that is mounted to the front of each box that has the labels and colored gels attached to it.

The aluminum outer case is sized to fit around the three enclosures stacked on top of eachother. The outer case is made from three pieces of 1/8" 6061 Aluminum sheet welded together along the top edges.

My VIN:    07000

To add to that, Gary Weaver has a thread here as well with downloadable dxf files for any CNC machine here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?76...place-to-start

My VIN:    7122

Oil separators and hoses

I've got my Polara hub cap on its way and getting the vents and engine cover laser cut this week. What is a good replacement for the oil separators and connecting hoses? I'm wanting to at least get the most noticeable rear pieces together soon and then work my way to the harder to find parts later.

Quote Originally Posted by smcguiga View Post
    I've got my Polara hub cap on its way and getting the vents and engine cover laser cut this week. What is a good replacement for the oil separators and connecting hoses? I'm wanting to at least get the most noticeable rear pieces together soon and then work my way to the harder to find parts later.
    Oil separators are getting quite a bit harder to find in recent years. If you're familiar with NSN searches you can try looking up 1650-00-535-3104

Attached is a photo of the part ID tag showing the AN part number and manufacturer part number. If you cant find real ones people have made castings and other home-made replicas.

The blue weatherhead crossover tubes are also extremely rare these days. I don't have the PN handy at the moment but I can look it up if you want to try and search for a real one. Castings and replicas are out there and can be painted with metalcast paint to look almost as good as a real tube. I haven't heard of anyone stumbling across any in the wild lately so a casting may be your best bet.

100% accurate Part I accurate oil separator to trapezoid hoses have never been found in the wild and have to be made to look correct. People have machined the correct size hose ends and crimped on the correct style double braided stainless hose. You could also make these yourself or substitute hoses that are close. Usually a trip to Norton Sales or Luky's is involved to find something nearly correct.

The corrugated aluminum ducts that connect the sides of the oil seps to the front of the vents can be found at your local auto shop, such as NAPA. Here's a link ...I think the diameter is 1.5" or 2" but I'd have to double check that one as well.

https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/NDP8191127/

My VIN:    7122

Flux band brackets

Hey Mark, you mentioned to me at the convention that you had a template you could send for the rubber brackets. Can you post that here or send it to me. I think I am going to create one out of wood and then make molds. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by smcguiga View Post
    Hey Mark, you mentioned to me at the convention that you had a template you could send for the rubber brackets. Can you post that here or send it to me. I think I am going to create one out of wood and then make molds. Thanks!
    Hey Steve, I just sent you an email with some info.

Thanks for all the great info Mark! Would you able to confirm the various locations and dimensions of the Zero can enclosures on the car?

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast