FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Getting in touch with Video Bob is like getting hold of the president. We are just peons!

Better question why buy from him at all? I contacted him years ago about visiting his shop, as I was in the area for business. He blew me off and was pretty rude as well. There is enough info on the interwebs about him so I guess I don't need to beat a dead horse

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Getting in touch with Video Bob is like getting hold of the president. We are just peons!
    Reach out to Danny Botkin at DMC CA...
    You could also try Bruce Coulombe... I think he's in Florida.

Both are nice guys and do good work.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    Better question why buy from him at all? I contacted him years ago about visiting his shop, as I was in the area for business. He blew me off and was pretty rude as well. There is enough info on the interwebs about him so I guess I don't need to beat a dead horse
    To be fair, he's been cool with me, sometimes distant.

As for the shop visit, I would guess go during one of his openhouses. Just follow his "Bobpropshop" page on FB.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    To be fair, he's been cool with me, sometimes distant.

As for the shop visit, I would guess go during one of his openhouses. Just follow his "Bobpropshop" page on FB.

--Doug
    lol I have ZERO interest in seeing Bob or his shop. This was YEARS ago, when the main forum for bttf conversions was Gary's bttfparts.com, when much of this wasn't as "popular" as it is now. He's even more of an ass now than he was then, and that is hard to do! Regardless, I'm happy you haven't had any issues with him, you seem to be one of very few

My VIN:    4941

Thanks Guys. I have always been impressed with the way this Delorean community pulls together and helps each other. It is truly amazing to see such comradery. It is too bad that some people just don't understand that.
    We wont let one or two bad apples spoil the whole bunch.
    -Charlie

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    lol I have ZERO interest in seeing Bob or his shop. This was YEARS ago, when the main forum for bttf conversions was Gary's bttfparts.com, when much of this wasn't as "popular" as it is now. He's even more of an ass now than he was then, and that is hard to do! Regardless, I'm happy you haven't had any issues with him, you seem to be one of very few
    Naw, I just know how to work with people from different backgrounds and I keep it a business transaction. You get all friendly, that's when you get screwed. Keep it business and its all good
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    7122

Overhead panel switches/indicators

Does anyone have a source for the switches and indicators for the overhead panel? Or at least dimensions of them for an ebay search? I have plenty of pictures showing the layout but nothing that I can find shows the actual size of the switches and indicators.

Thanks!

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by smcguiga View Post
    Does anyone have a source for the switches and indicators for the overhead panel? Or at least dimensions of them for an ebay search? I have plenty of pictures showing the layout but nothing that I can find shows the actual size of the switches and indicators.

Thanks!

Check your email, I forwarded you some info.

On the subject of the overhead console, what is the rounded rectangular frame thing that goes around the Grimes emergency light? Did it originally come with the light or was it separate? And if so, do you have any suggestions for how to replicate it accurately? I was able to score the light a few months ago but I haven't seen much info about the frame. Thanks!

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Hoverboy View Post
    On the subject of the overhead console, what is the rounded rectangular frame thing that goes around the Grimes emergency light? Did it originally come with the light or was it separate? And if so, do you have any suggestions for how to replicate it accurately? I was able to score the light a few months ago but I haven't seen much info about the frame. Thanks!
    In real life the grimes light is a rechargeable emergency flashlight and there is a base that mates up with the light to supply power for charging the internal battery. The "ring" around the grimes light on the console is meant to look like the real base. There isn't room for a real base to fit unless you carve out a hole in the overhead console and the headliner behind it. Most people opt to create a replica ring around the light like they did for the screen used cars.

Somewhere out there are casings of the screen used ring that you can buy, otherwise it's not really that complicated of a shape to make your own out of a piece of wood or polystyrene.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast