FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by minispeedstar View Post
    The jewel lights are 1", the sound affects are a little complicated and I don't want to highjack this topic anymore than I have already, tho here's a handy tip on how to make the plexi work using a heat gun, original cover and some masking tape....

Thank You.
    That is pretty much how I bent the plexi....finally!
    Just to be clear, are the lights 1 inch, or are the holes 1 inch?
    If I message you, can you clue me in on the sound effects? I assume you use sound chips....
    Thanks
    Charlie
    Last edited by cpistocco; 03-06-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, I just try to help out wherever I can :-)
    YES!
    Thank You to Mark, Steven, and all of the other folks who are so self-less with their time and knowledge.
    Bravo to all !
    Sincerely,
    -Charlie

BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Thank You.
    That is pretty much how I bent the plexi....finally!
    Just to be clear, are the lights 1 inch, or are the holes 1 inch?
    If I message you, can you clue me in on the sound effects? I assume you use sound chips....
    Thanks
    Charlie
    1" hole about 1-1/8" lens. The hex is simply the securing nut above rather than below securing.

Last edited by minispeedstar; 03-07-2017 at 03:02 AM.

1" hole about 1-1/8" lens. The hex is simply the securing nut above rather than below securing.

Thank You again!
    I have been searching on ebay and amazon....and I cant seem to find a pilot light with a 1-1/8 lens. I have been looking at dialco lights as well. Can I ask you where you are purchasing yours. I appreciate all of the spoon-feeding.
    Sincerely
    Charlie

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thank You again!
    I have been searching on ebay and amazon....and I cant seem to find a pilot light with a 1-1/8 lens. I have been looking at dialco lights as well. Can I ask you where you are purchasing yours. I appreciate all of the spoon-feeding.
    Sincerely
    Charlie
    a 1" fixture is what you want... It's called out by the size of the hole it fits - In this case a 1" fixture which has a lens that's slightly larger.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

what Steve said

what Steve said
    Thanks again guys.
    I am having a hard time finding those lights.....any suggestions where to get them?
    Also, what size hole does the stop switch take?
    It looks like 1-1/2 inch.
    -Charlie :0)

My VIN:    6125

Thanks again guys.
    I am having a hard time finding those lights.....any suggestions where to get them?
    Also, what size hole does the stop switch take?
    It looks like 1-1/2 inch.
    -Charlie :0)

Red w/ faceted jewel:
    031-0431-300
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...khUkHr7Q%3d%3d
    or
    http://www.newark.com/dialight/031-0...rfnonsku=false

Green w/ faceted jewel:
    031-0432-300
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...khUkHr7Q%3d%3d

Bulb holder base:
    031-3101-01-101
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...hH8QDfBw%3d%3d
    or
    http://www.newark.com/dialight/031-3...rew/dp/05B3024

You should also be able to search those same PN's and look for other cheaper sources, those were just the quick ones I found that had them in stock.
    Last edited by Mark D; 03-08-2017 at 01:34 PM.

I'm down to my last 3 pairs but have more on the way, if you've not found any after a while let me know could prob hook u up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    The best information that we have is that the extra "oops" holes around the nuclear reactor ring were from a design change in the heat sink spacing sometime during the build. The reactor as we know it now has one heat sink centered on the rear of the reactor with the remaining heat sinks evenly spaced around it. Early on in the build this wasn't the case and the heat sinks were spaced differently.

Something like this:

The extra holes that still exist line up with the hole spacing on the heat sinks.

I can confirm with some reference photos, but as far as I know this is an A car trait only. The B car only had one set of holes that matched to the A car after the final spacing was decided.

There are a few other "oops" holes in the vents that are there for interesting reasons. There are two sets of triangularly spaced holes on the top of each vent that hold the plastic CO2 dispensing nozzle inside the vent. The nozzle could be mounted in one of two positions to blast CO2 either straight back, or up at an angle.

In the mall parking lot scene when the car returns back cold from the first time travel event with Einstein in the car, you first see the CO2 blast backwards horizontally towards the camera. Then it cuts to a wide shot immediately afterwards and you see the plume of CO2 shooting out at an upward angle.
    Hi Mark,

Great detailed info as always! I am grateful for your explanation. That kinda makes sense with what I had observed from various reference images and footage from OUTATIME. I could see that the three holes per heat sinks were shifted between the final holes that we see today. I think there are a few miscellaneous holes also, but don't think it would be fair to trouble you for those.

I am curious to know if you are able to kindly clarify the spacing of the two sets of triangularly spaced holes however. I have noticed that they are quite distinctive to the A car and that they are slightly different to each other. Again, I wouldn't ask you to release anything that is sensitive or of shared intellectual property, but if you are able to calrify those hole positions, that would be really awesome!

Just one last, tiny question if I may?... How many locator pins are there on the lower (side) of the yellow reactor hatch lid? I have calculated from your image that there might be three evenly spaced?

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast