FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

My VIN:    6125

Again, not sure why you're being argumentative instead of just (politely) asking questions to get the answers you're seeking.

Please feel free to use whatever LMB cases you wish with whatever displays you wish if you don't like the information in this thread.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Again, not sure why you're being argumentative instead of just (politely) asking questions to get the answers you're seeking.

Please feel free to use whatever LMB cases you wish with whatever displays you wish if you don't like the information in this thread.
    I've been following this and thanks for the info Mark! Someday I'll build me one of those displays and printing this thead off will be helpful when that happens. Right now I have an iPad/Droid Tablet for my displays. Looks neat but not screen accurate. lol

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

No problem Doug... and please don't be confused by that last attachment that CN12345 posted. That display is much too large.

No problem Doug... and please don't be confused by that last attachment that CN12345 posted. That display is much too large.
    Um... it's the very size you told people to use. I'm just trying to warn people not to buy parts that won't fit together... like I did based on your faulty information. I showed you the math. Furthermore, I have a bunch of 0.8 inch displays and a CR-852 that don't even come close to fitting together.

Seriously... if you're thinking of making one of these, add it all up before you buy your parts. There is no way 0.8 inch displays work with cr-852. Look at the data sheets. Measure it all out. Mark is wrong, which is why he shrugged off my last post demonstrating how it's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by CN12345 View Post
    Um... it's the very size you told people to use. I'm just trying to warn people not to buy parts that won't fit together... like I did based on your faulty information. I showed you the math. Furthermore, I have a bunch of 0.8 inch displays and a CR-852 that don't even come close to fitting together.

Seriously... if you're thinking of making one of these, add it all up before you buy your parts. There is no way 0.8 inch displays work with cr-852. Look at the data sheets. Measure it all out. Mark is wrong, which is why he shrugged off my last post demonstrating how it's impossible.
    All three of the posts you've made on this forum so far have been rude. You've made assumptions in each of these posts that are wrong and you are totally confused. The display you posted was wrong, so it's no surprise to me that all your other conclusions are wrong. You are specifically confusing the overall height of the display with the CHARACTER height. I shrugged off your last post because you didn't even ask any questions and your mind appears to be set. If you're that confident in your own conclusions then build whatever you want. If you would like some additional clarification on what is correct then all you have to do is ask and not be a jerk about it.

I've held screen used displays in my hands and developed the reproduction displays that are now inside the A-car. No accurate off the shelf displays exist. They had to be 100% re-engineered from scratch based on the vintage displays that are NLA.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by CN12345 View Post

Who are you? Where did you come from? Mark is a well respected member of our community. It's a small community, probably best not show up to the party and knock everything over.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Who are you? Where did you come from? Mark is a well respected member of our community. It's a small community, probably best not show up to the party and knock everything over.
    Roughly about 6,000 to 6,500 give or take a few fans!

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Do you know the part numbers of the various Zero cans?
    More importantly, do you have the dimensions? From what I understand those suckers are expensive, so I may build something from scratch.

Yeah I can look up the various part numbers and I can post them here. A few of them are non-standard sizes that you have to specify that you want them untrimmed to leave the flanges on, otherwise they usually trim them by default. The dimensions for each part number can be found on the zero website if you decide to build certain ones yourself.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah I can look up the various part numbers and I can post them here. A few of them are non-standard sizes that you have to specify that you want them untrimmed to leave the flanges on, otherwise they usually trim them by default. The dimensions for each part number can be found on the zero website if you decide to build certain ones yourself.
    Hi, Mark.

I know this is a loaded question but while you're at it, is there a definitive list of all the re purposed parts used on the time machine. I know a few items like the hub cap and the Janitrol are pretty well known. However in all of my internet searches I've never found a comprehensive list/diagram of each part and what it is (manufacturer/part number/etc.)

This would be nice to have as even if the parts themselves are no longer available or extremely rare/expensive, one could still research them and attempt to fabricate replacements.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast