FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1830 View Post
    If you dont get one made from foam I have a 3D model of this that i found online and remixed to the correct size with measurements taken from an original.

I also split the model into 4 sections and it goes together with aliglment pins and super glue.

See attached pics of the 3d print.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wouldn't mind that 3D model Mike! I'll PM you.

My VIN:    4519

Where does this go?

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Zero Can - Master List

I tried searching this thread but go no results.

Is there a master list of all the zero cans on or in the car?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I tried searching this thread but go no results.

Is there a master list of all the zero cans on or in the car?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers
    Steve
    VSR Can (Passenger Side Bulkhead) - 1 EA - Z61-163A-2.625 Untrimmed (Square 3.81W x 10.15L x 2.625H Untrimmed. Custom draw depth requires larger blank)
    Strain Relief Box SM (Bulkhead) - 1 EA - Z32-64A-2.5 Untrimmed (Square 2W x 4L x 2.5H Untrimmed)
    Strain Relief Box LG (Bulkhead) - 1 EA - Z48-80A-3.5 Untrimmed (Square 3W x 5L x 3.5H Untrimmed)
    PS Pontoon Boxes (PS Pontoon) - 2 EA - Z48-80A-3.5 Untrimmed (Square 3W x 5L x 3.5H Untrimmed)
    Heatsink Box (Rear Deck) - 1 EA - Z80-112A-5.0 Untrimmed (Square 5W x 7L x 5H Untrimmed)
    Shockmount (Inside Shockmount) -1 EA ZR35A-3.0 Untrimmed (Round 2.2OD x 3H Untrimmed w/ .27 Outer Corner Radius)
    Behind Reactor (Rear Deck) - 1 EA - ZR35A-3.0 Untrimmed (Round 2.2OD x 3H Untrimmed w/ .27 Outer Corner Radius)
    Trapezoid Cans (Rear Deck) - 2 EA - ZR75A-4.0 Untrimmed (Round 3.5OD x 4H Untrimmed w/ .27 Outer Corner Radius)
    Pacman Cans (Pacman Assy) - 3 EA - ZT68-68B-0.56 (Square Lid 4.25W x 4.25H Trimmed to .56 w/ .25" Outer Corner Radius)

The large strain relief box and the pontoon side boxes start as the same part and are trimmed differently. The pontoon cans are mostly unmodified and you need to just trim up the 'ears' that are left over from the forming process. The strain relief box has the bottom cut to form the bent out side tabs that are drilled and mounted to the bulkhead. I don't have the exact measurements for trimming the parts, but there are some good photos of the pre-restored and post-restored car that show the boxes and how they are modified.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    VSR Can (Passenger Side Bulkhead) - 1 EA - Z61-163A-2.625 Untrimmed (Square 3.81W x 10.15L x 2.625H Untrimmed. Custom draw depth requires larger blank)
    Strain Relief Box SM (Bulkhead) - 1 EA - Z32-64A-2.5 Untrimmed (Square 2W x 4L x 2.5H Untrimmed)
    Strain Relief Box LG (Bulkhead) - 1 EA - Z48-80A-3.5 Untrimmed (Square 3W x 5L x 3.5H Untrimmed)
    PS Pontoon Boxes (PS Pontoon) - 2 EA - Z48-80A-3.5 Untrimmed (Square 3W x 5L x 3.5H Untrimmed)
    Heatsink Box (Rear Deck) - 1 EA - Z80-112A-5.0 Untrimmed (Square 5W x 7L x 5H Untrimmed)
    Shockmount (Inside Shockmount) -1 EA ZR35A-3.0 Untrimmed (Round 2.2OD x 3H Untrimmed w/ .27 Outer Corner Radius)
    Behind Reactor (Rear Deck) - 1 EA - ZR35A-3.0 Untrimmed (Round 2.2OD x 3H Untrimmed w/ .27 Outer Corner Radius)
    Trapezoid Cans (Rear Deck) - 2 EA - ZR75A-4.0 Untrimmed (Round 3.5OD x 4H Untrimmed w/ .27 Outer Corner Radius)
    Pacman Cans (Pacman Assy) - 3 EA - ZT68-68B-0.56 (Square Lid 4.25W x 4.25H Trimmed to .56 w/ .25" Outer Corner Radius)

The large strain relief box and the pontoon side boxes start as the same part and are trimmed differently. The pontoon cans are mostly unmodified and you need to just trim up the 'ears' that are left over from the forming process. The strain relief box has the bottom cut to form the bent out side tabs that are drilled and mounted to the bulkhead. I don't have the exact measurements for trimming the parts, but there are some good photos of the pre-restored and post-restored car that show the boxes and how they are modified.
    Thanks, Mark.

There's a restaurant going out of business and holding an online auction. Hoping I might get lucky and find some matches.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    07000

Simple but dumb question - how do you prep the phone keypad to fit into the TRW time circuits enclosure? Do I remove the existing keypad front that seems to hold the keys, and then break off the extraneous keys?

Greg

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Simple but dumb question - how do you prep the phone keypad to fit into the TRW time circuits enclosure? Do I remove the existing keypad front that seems to hold the keys, and then break off the extraneous keys?

Greg
    I'm assuming you've got one of the GTE phone keypads that wasn't originally part of a real TRW keypad/enclosure? If that's the case, then yes you have to remove the front face of the keypad and replace with a replica that has blanks to delete the * and # keys. People have been 3D printing or casting that front face in addition to the green housing.

It's been a while since I've taken apart one of the keypads but if I'm remembering correctly once it's disassembled enough to swap the face plate you should be able to just pull out the two unneeded keys and reassemble with the new face plate. The red housing behind the creme colored face plate on the real TRW keypads that hold all the buttons still have the cutout/openings for the * and # but those buttons were just never installed.

You basically just need to mod your GTE phone keypad to match how it would have been assembled from the factory had it originally come with the alternate face plate without those two buttons.

Hope that all makes sense.

Well it seems I have the same keypad that was shown earlier that are $5 bucks. I drilled out the 4 tabs on each corner plus the two in the middle, and it came apart pretty easily. And the new faceplate I have has matching holes for the circuit board to mount to it.

So it was easier than I thought.

Greg

Couple new questions..

One- where do you guys get the gauges for the plutonium gauges? I know we have to mix them with new labels and all, but is there a source for them? My local surplus place may get them once in a blue moon, but I’d assume there’s a place that has a good supply?

Two: K4 switches- where’s a good place to find these?

Thanks!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Couple new questions..

One- where do you guys get the gauges for the plutonium gauges? I know we have to mix them with new labels and all, but is there a source for them? My local surplus place may get them once in a blue moon, but I’d assume there’s a place that has a good supply?

Two: K4 switches- where’s a good place to find these?

Thanks!

Greg
    I'd suggest the "Delorean Time Machine Builders" group on facebook. A lot of stuff being sold to other builders on there

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast