FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    I'd suggest the "Delorean Time Machine Builders" group on facebook. A lot of stuff being sold to other builders on there
    Thanks - already there and asked as well but with no luck really. I do have a pair in my car now, I’ll have to look to see what make they are and then search around on the web. There’s a local surplus place and was able to score a few Simpson meters with the correct ribbed strip, but the round ones seem to be hard to come by. Anyone know what brand/model they are?

I'm always looking for spare parts if anyone is ever selling. Sadly didn't get to pull the trigger in time on Mark's orange tube, which was my own fault that I'm kicking myself for. But if anyone has anything they are looking to part with, shoot me a message. Thanks, hope everyone is having a good start to 2021.

BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Here’s a question for the experts...

How is the Time Circuits keypad enclosure cut?

We know they didn’t mount the thing as it’s whole original piece.

Was it cut at an angle from left to right, or was it a curved cut? I have my model - both a full version of it based on the schematics provided here, and a cut version like it was cut on a bandsaw at an angle.

A fellow model maker did his based on the Moretto box.

So what’s correct, or are neither, and if so, are there any pics of the one used in the A car from a top or bottom view?

Here are examples and our respective models. The last image is the Moretto box in the larger image.

My VIN:    6125

There were differences between the A/B/C car. I'm not sure what other reference you have, but here are a few where the top/sides of the keypad are visible. I'd have to refresh my own memory on some of the specifics, but the top three pics are the A car, the fourth is the B car, and the last one is from Ohrberg's shop where there was all kinds of parts switching from car to car as well as replica parts being built, so take that with a grain of salt.

BTTF Time Machine Build Questions - Ask Me Anything

Interesting, especially the one with that extra piece behind it with the switches. From what I can gather, it’s really all about making it so the box basically can clear the side of the console- wrapping past it but at the same time aligning the front of it with the display unit.

This may have been asked before, but scrolling through this thread or even trying to do a search is an exercise in futility..

Time Circuit Display dimensions? The reason I ask is there seems to be TWO sizes - one that Gary Weaver had, and I’m thinking is used by Bruce as well as VideoBob - and a smaller/ less tall one that’s supposedly the A car size.

On the left is the Gary Weaver, on the right is supposed to be the A car size...

Both of these were made by Erick Codeville.

I have one of Bruce’s, however it’d be nice to be more accurate.

The correct enclosures are Crown Royal Series 852 (CR852)

You can still buy them from LMB heeger. Dimensions are listed on the website.

https://lmbheeger.com/cr852-bluegrey.aspx

That actually helps. Thanks Mark for all the great info and time you’ve been giving here. In fact without your help I honestly don’t think I’d have been able to make a 99% accurate replica of the TRW box because of the schematics you provided.

Greg

That 3D model turned out nice. The drawings you were referencing were 2D views generated from a similar model I made myself. I measured real TRW keypad assy so all the dimensions are legit.

I posted a screen grab somewhere earlier in this thread but most of those have dead links

Thanks Mark!

I've actually made an electronics motherboard (basically) that attaches inside via posts - and has places to mount the LED's, button, speaker, circuit board, and the keypad assembly.

IMG_8196.jpgIMG_8197.jpg

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 LastLast