FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
Results 151 to 159 of 159

Thread: Electric DeLorean

  1. #151
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Feb 2019

    Posts:    15

    My VIN:    3015

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I was certain you told me about the LS1 swap adding about 100lbs a while back.

    Ive got a leaf motor and inverter which weigh 180lbs and 30lbs respectively. the batteries, which I don't have yet, will weigh about 400lbs for a total weight of 610lbs. I think I read the prv and un1 weigh about 700lbs when I was reading on how to pull them out. That roughly works out with gotgrahams car being 100lbs lighter than stock using the leaf motor and batteries.
    Yeah I'll confirm the full EV conversion is a good 100 lbs lighter than the PRV setup.


  2. #152
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2019

    Location:  Virginia

    Posts:    17

    Sorry if I've missed it, but was there ever any prices listed in this thread? How much is a newly assembled, engine-less Delorean from Houston? How much is a conversion from EV West? I'd love to know!
    Curtis Bateman
    curtis.bateman@gmail.com
    Virginia
    VIN 4797 Oct 1981

  3. #153
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2018

    Posts:    5

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Apparently someone else has ambitions of taking on a EV conversion using a model 3 Drivetrain.

    https://youtu.be/omXq-6LbV6M
    Oh hey, that's me

  4. #154
    Senior Member mr_maxime's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2015

    Posts:    1,243

    My VIN:    10201

    Maybe I missed it, but how are you doing the heating jn this car? I know ev west sells an electric heater but I don't know if it'll fit.

    I plan on adding seat warmers in my car since it's the most efficient method of warming up, but I still need something to defrost the windshield

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2019

    Location:  Ellensburg, WA

    Posts:    134

    My VIN:    5510

    Wow, time flies.

    Any update on the build? Looks like it's been almost 18 months since the last update. I haven't seen the DeLorean in any recent videos from EV West - maybe it's done?

  6. #156
    Mario's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jan 2015

    Location:  SoCal

    Posts:    140

    Done? As if. :/

    The short story of this saga is that in the beginning there were a lot of weird circumstances waiting for new motor tech, but we eventually arrived at using a Tesla small drive unit, at the beginning of 2020. After the motor selection, work could finally start, because the motor determines how much and what kind of batteries you need, where there is space for them to go, where wiring should go, etc, etc. Great, so work can start, right?

    Maybe there's been work done, but I haven't heard much about it. The person who is supposed to communicate with me about the state of the project just straight-up doesn't. I haven't gotten en email from him in a year. Sometimes I can get him on the line when I call him, he says he'll send an email with pictures but nothing ever comes.
    The last real update I've gotten was Feb 2021, where I got a picture of the motor mounted in the car and the two battery boxes assembled. I got a friend who was local to them to go look in person in July 2021, the photos he sent me showed it in the same state as then.

    Several calls to the office since then but rarely can I get my rep to pick up. Have left messages in the past but my calls are never returned.

    I just finished sending an upset email to their sales team asking what the deal is and if I could get literally anybody else to communicate with me about the project.
    Their youtube channel also appears to show several cars they've converted since 2020, so I have no idea why the one that's been in their garage for 5 years isn't the number one priority. (It also shows a video of my car in Sep 2020! Which they also didn't send to me, I only got to watch it because a friend saw it)
    I threatened to haul my car away and find somebody else to finish this project if I can't get somebody to keep me updated.

    I'm not most upset it's taking a long time, I'm mainly mad at the awful communication.
    EV West - never again. Their workmanship seems to be great and I'm sure my car will be great too when it's done, but my experience as a customer has been awful.

  7. #157
    LS Swapper Josh's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2013

    Location:  SK, Canada

    Posts:    2,375

    My VIN:    11408

    Club(s):   (ADOA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Done? As if. :/

    The short story of this saga is that in the beginning there were a lot of weird circumstances waiting for new motor tech, but we eventually arrived at using a Tesla small drive unit, at the beginning of 2020. After the motor selection, work could finally start, because the motor determines how much and what kind of batteries you need, where there is space for them to go, where wiring should go, etc, etc. Great, so work can start, right?

    Maybe there's been work done, but I haven't heard much about it. The person who is supposed to communicate with me about the state of the project just straight-up doesn't. I haven't gotten en email from him in a year. Sometimes I can get him on the line when I call him, he says he'll send an email with pictures but nothing ever comes.
    The last real update I've gotten was Feb 2021, where I got a picture of the motor mounted in the car and the two battery boxes assembled. I got a friend who was local to them to go look in person in July 2021, the photos he sent me showed it in the same state as then.

    Several calls to the office since then but rarely can I get my rep to pick up. Have left messages in the past but my calls are never returned.

    I just finished sending an upset email to their sales team asking what the deal is and if I could get literally anybody else to communicate with me about the project.
    Their youtube channel also appears to show several cars they've converted since 2020, so I have no idea why the one that's been in their garage for 5 years isn't the number one priority. (It also shows a video of my car in Sep 2020! Which they also didn't send to me, I only got to watch it because a friend saw it)
    I threatened to haul my car away and find somebody else to finish this project if I can't get somebody to keep me updated.

    I'm not most upset it's taking a long time, I'm mainly mad at the awful communication.
    EV West - never again. Their workmanship seems to be great and I'm sure my car will be great too when it's done, but my experience as a customer has been awful.
    This is just awful, im sorry to hear this. that is a long time to have your car gone.

    Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    LS Swap Parts:
    http://lsdelorean.com

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    827

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This is just awful, im sorry to hear this. that is a long time to have your car gone.
    This!

    Did they give you a quote of time when you gave them the project? I suppose they could say the COVID nonsense delayed them a year, but itís hard to believe they keep this project that long with no explanation. I would go there and tell them you want a time quote now or take the car.

  9. #159
    Mario's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jan 2015

    Location:  SoCal

    Posts:    140

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    This!

    Did they give you a quote of time when you gave them the project? I suppose they could say the COVID nonsense delayed them a year, but itís hard to believe they keep this project that long with no explanation. I would go there and tell them you want a time quote now or take the car.
    Way back when we were first discussing the project, they said a typical conversion took them about 6 months, but mine might take a bit longer.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •