FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LS4 swap

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

LS4 swap

~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Sounds good! Are doing this by your self or working with a vender. I know LS might be one of the easier swaps, but still is nice to buy “off the shelf stuff” on a project like that. What tranny?

Not my car. Wondering if the owner/builder is a member here.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

This is one of my customers, located in TN. If you PM me I can give you his contact information.

He is using an LS4 (mostly stock, just a cam) with the stock transaxle. He is running a Holley Terminator X ECU.

It is open headers so it is very loud. Exhaust to come. He hopes to have it driving in the next month or so.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    1800

That’s my car. As Josh stated I bought most of the swap components from him. I highly recommend his stuff if you’re thinking about doing a swap. Great quality and great customer support. I’m hoping to have the car finished next month. The motor is a 2007 LS4 with a Lunati VooDoo cam, Holly Terminator X, LS1 intake, LS1 throttle body. Still running the UN1 transmission but upgraded the input shaft coupler and roll pins. In the video it’s open headers. Will be running Borla mufflers once the exhaust is fabricated.
    Last edited by StainlessBullet; 02-11-2022 at 08:28 AM.
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

Thanks! I look forward to photos/videos of the completed car.
    ~LXA~

My VIN:    01643

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This is one of my customers, located in TN. If you PM me I can give you his contact information.

He is using an LS4 (mostly stock, just a cam) with the stock transaxle. He is running a Holley Terminator X ECU.

It is open headers so it is very loud. Exhaust to come. He hopes to have it driving in the next month or so.
    Do you know the current count on LS swaps? Something like 20 finished LS swapped cars with another 10-15 in progress?

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessBullet View Post
    That’s my car. As Josh stated I bought most of the swap components from him. I highly recommend his stuff if you’re thinking about doing a swap. Great quality and great customer support. I’m hoping to have the car finished next month. The motor is a 2007 LS4 with a Lunati VooDoo cam, Holly Terminator X, LS1 intake, LS1 throttle body. Still running the UN1 transmission but upgraded the input shaft coupler and roll pins. In the video it’s open headers. Will be running Borla mufflers once the exhaust is fabricated.
    May I ask how long it took to get to that point? Are you working full time on it? Build thread anywhere?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Do you know the current count on LS swaps? Something like 20 finished LS swapped cars with another 10-15 in progress?
    There are 40 LS swapped deloreans in the world that i know of.

43% of these swaps are running driving cars. The remainder are currently in progress.

I have sold 22 swap kits to date.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    1800

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    May I ask how long it took to get to that point? Are you working full time on it? Build thread anywhere?
    The build started in the fall of last year and we've been wrenching on it almost every weekend since then. Not sure how many hours have been invested in it. I don't have a build thread but planning on posting some videos in the future on my Youtube channel. Going Broke Garage
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast