FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Electric DeLorean

My VIN:    3015

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I was certain you told me about the LS1 swap adding about 100lbs a while back.

Ive got a leaf motor and inverter which weigh 180lbs and 30lbs respectively. the batteries, which I don't have yet, will weigh about 400lbs for a total weight of 610lbs. I think I read the prv and un1 weigh about 700lbs when I was reading on how to pull them out. That roughly works out with gotgrahams car being 100lbs lighter than stock using the leaf motor and batteries.
    Yeah I'll confirm the full EV conversion is a good 100 lbs lighter than the PRV setup.

Sorry if I've missed it, but was there ever any prices listed in this thread? How much is a newly assembled, engine-less Delorean from Houston? How much is a conversion from EV West? I'd love to know!
    Curtis Bateman
    curtis.bateman@gmail.com
    Virginia
    Daily Driver 2016 Nissan Rogue One

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Apparently someone else has ambitions of taking on a EV conversion using a model 3 Drivetrain.

https://youtu.be/omXq-6LbV6M
    Oh hey, that's me

My VIN:    10201

Maybe I missed it, but how are you doing the heating jn this car? I know ev west sells an electric heater but I don't know if it'll fit.

I plan on adding seat warmers in my car since it's the most efficient method of warming up, but I still need something to defrost the windshield

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16