FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric DeLorean

No real updates on this, unfortunately. Last Wednesday I was told the doors were almost done and I'd have a couple photos in the next few days, but I haven't gotten anything back yet. So the car is most likely being built, but so far I've got no photo evidence to share with you guys!
    I've gotta say, I love DMCH, but communicating with them can be a bit of a pain sometimes. Would it kill 'em to throw a couple photos my way every once in a while for what I'm paying? Hopefully I'll have some more to share soon, but we'll see.

The end of March grows nearer... I hope there won't be any delays.

Talked to Stephen, got a couple updates! First, I was mistaken about the projected completion date of the car - end of March is when DMC predicts they will be done building it, not when the whole package will be done. EV West estimates 3-4 weeks for the conversion after that.

Currently, the frame and roof box are being e-coated and powdercoated, so they should last a very, very long time.
    I'm also told that many upgraded parts will be installed - if there's a better part for something, it will be put in. Upgraded suspension, too. Once it's finished I'll ask for a list of all upgraded parts for reference.

I also got a video of each of the doors' electrical functions being tested! Here's the passenger door, the driver door is just more of the same:

Hopefully we'll be able to see the frame in a week or so.

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    if there's a better part for something, it will be put in.
    Because you said this, I'll mention that it looks like they have an OEM door lock solenoid in there rather than upgraded actuators. I never had problems with my solenoids before I replaced them, and I doubt you would either, but I think it is universally agreed that actuators are superior (lighter, less prone to failure). It is possible this video was taken before they had a chance to install an actuator, or maybe you gave them direction not to install them for cost reasons, but thought you may want to know.

Thanks for posting the video! This is going to be an amazing car. Hard to beat all new parts. Keep the updates coming!
    David Proehl

Huh, interesting. I guess I'll have to ask for clarification on that statement. And, for the record, I am giving no instructions in regards to cost, they're just putting in whatever they were going to for a new-build car.
    Last edited by Mario; 03-06-2015 at 07:09 PM.

My VIN:    5628

EV DMC in Vegas

There's a guy in Vegas that has an electric Delorean. He's working on upgrading the system. Also, he has converted the doors to full size windows that roll down. Pretty awesome.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by djdogbone View Post
    There's a guy in Vegas that has an electric Delorean. He's working on upgrading the system. Also, he has converted the doors to full size windows that roll down. Pretty awesome.
    Is his name Bob Brandys?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5628

yes, it's bob. Really nice guy

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Here's a thread kind of about Bob's full-size windows. Last rumored to be a kit in the making, but only for driver's side. Then three years elapsed. OK, back on topic now. Looking forward to seeing progress on this.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

I've seen Bob Brady's DeLorean, but I did not realize it was electric.

Bad news about the completion date - I either misheard somebody at some point, or somebody gave me wrong information, but the whole car won't be done by the end of March. DMCH predicts they will be done building the roller by the end of March; the electric conversion will take another 3-6 months, according to EV West. Well, I've waited 9 months already, I can wait a few more. Still sucks, though!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    I've seen Bob Brady's DeLorean, but I did not realize it was electric.
    !
    Bob has several cars (at least 3 that I know of). One is probably the earliest BTTF replica, one is more or less normal (other than lots of electronic gadgets) and one is fully electric.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast