FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric DeLorean

My VIN:    2483

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Did anyone notice the clutch master cylinder reservoir? Isn't' this going to be electric?
    Well it depends on how the owner wants to set up the car. In a lot of cases you would use the same trans, especially in a Delorean since it is a trans axle. After that you decide if you want a clutch or not. A lot of folks like to keep the clutch in as an extra safety measure in case there is any issue with run away motor or whatever.

I am keeping the clutch and stock manual transmission, though the clutch itself will almost certainly have to be upgraded.
    I've ordered one of the bulletproof transmission couplers to install. If I still have problems, maybe I could pester Nick for a one-piece input shaft. If I still have problems then, I'm going to need to think of something else. Maybe a 2-speed from EV West with a diff from something else... who knows. I still don't know exactly how much torque will be going in this car, so we'll have to wait and see.

My VIN:    Early

Have to love that earlier fiberglass body with the air pressure relief holes. Anyways, no more updates?
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Not at the moment! Hopefully soon, though.

Progress is very slow, but it is coming along...

DMCH doesn't have any new stock of LFF's any more, so they're regraining an old one for me:

It's got a hood now! Although this picture is actually inaccurate - they found a grooved hood for me that they're installing. I'm really glad they got one because that was one thing I was really hoping for.

Body panels and fascia are being aligned now, and with luck, it should be ready to be shipped to EV West early next week. The interior is not completely done yet to make it easier to route wires. It'll be finished up after the conversion is done along with suspension adjustment, etc.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

It's beautiful

All the stainless is on the car at this point and all exterior lighting is installed and working. Everything is LEDs except for the headlights.

Grooved hood! And look at that razor-straight fascia.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I agree with Domi. Beautiful!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast