FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Warriors Time Machinists, is it out yet?

DeLorean Warriors Time Machinists, is it out yet?

I have seen trailers for thos documentary about the passion of building a DeLorean time machine.. Any idea when it is scheduled to be released?

My VIN:    6125

It's not out yet, but I'm sure it'll be sometime this year since is 2015 and the 30th anniversary of BTTF.

Just leave me out of it..

You can follow progress on Sam and Chapin's documentary via their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheTimeMachinists

or their indigogo page where I believe they posted an updated just a few days ago:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ntary#activity

I know they were doing some additional filming last year and filmed some more at the 2014 DCS. The project has been going on FOREVER, but like Mark said 2015 would definitely be the year to see it released.

-Gary

My VIN:    07000

I would've taken their campaign for the film more seriously if it hadn't been asking for $50k for the film, and had this as their opening line on the campaign: As most of you undoubtedly know, 2015 is the year Doc, Marty and Lorraine, go to in the future to "do something" about Marty's kids.

If you're making a film about a car from a movie, know your subject matter before posting it online.

It didn't help matters that the Back in Time documentary was fundraising around the same time as well.

I think that makes at least three or four BTTF Related documentaries that are/were in progress for the last couple of years. It will be fun to see the reactions when they all come out. I don't know what to truly expect out of any of them.

-Gary

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Weaver II View Post
    It didn't help matters that the Back in Time documentary was fundraising around the same time as well.

I think that makes at least three or four BTTF Related documentaries that are/were in progress for the last couple of years. It will be fun to see the reactions when they all come out. I don't know what to truly expect out of any of them.

-Gary
    Unless they positively suck, I for one will enjoy them. I have always wondered why they never considered a reboot or prequel so we could see Doc actually performing time travel tests or how he came about the design trial and error of using a Delorean besides the stainless and flux capacitor. We all know about the flux capacitor but I would like to see how he came about the rest of it.

You have to admit having the balls to stand in front of a car doing 88 mph is kindof ballsy not knowing what may exactly happen besides seeing some serious *&^%.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I have always wondered why they never considered a reboot or prequel
    No. NO NO NO NO NO.

The films are fine the way they are. We don't need prequels or reboots. Leave it alone.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    No. NO NO NO NO NO.

The films are fine the way they are. We don't need prequels or reboots. Leave it alone.
    I agree , look what they did to the star wars franchise. Are there no new ideas for movies anymore?
    Barry

You mean the Back to the Musical thing isn't enough of a travesty for ya?

My wife and I were treated to a rough-cut of the Time Machinists documentary around this time last year. The actual documentary is pretty interesting in that it revolves around the people who replicate the time machine itself. That's a bit different story than the Back in Time Documentary which follows the Trilogy's place in the public eye, or the upcoming Restoration Documentary.

There are characters which cross over between all three, but the Time Machinists is the one that really caught the BTTF-Delorean hobby at a wacky crossroads.

Truth be told. I think it started out being promoted to the participants involved as one thing and eventually morphed into something else entirely. People got wierd once they had a camera in their face and their behaviours during and after filming only got stranger and stranger. To add to the drama, the guys behind the documentary even became actively involved in the events being filmed. Instead of being a non-objective 3rd party, they got a bit too close and actually added to some of the drama. I don't think it was intentional, but it still happened.

I have no idea when it's actually going to come out at this point, nor what the final product will be. Having lived through it, I don't even know if I'd want to watch it all over again.

Imagine all the stupid back and forth arguments you've seen on this board, then take that decade long pile of bullshit and make it a 1 1/2 hour movie. You can't catch all the details and even what's in there will probably be edited for effect. I have no idea just how accurate any of it would really be at this point.

-Gary

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I agree , look what they did to the star wars franchise. Are there no new ideas for movies anymore?
    Yes, 1,2 and 3 sucked horribly and almost (almost) killed the whole Star Wars universe. But the Force was stronger than that, Disney came in and saved it as they did with Marvel, and now we have new movies coming out that are going to make people completely forget about the prequels.

So, can sequels be made that are well done and add excitement to an existing franchise? Yes, depending on the franchise. Star Wars has many stories that can be told, being it's own universe and all.

BTTF not really, as the story has been told that we really care about. However there could be room for some smaller webisodes that cover how Doc found the perfect way to build a time machine, tested it, etc. and those could be quite comical, but there's not enough there for an actual film or should be IMO. Plus, Christopher Lloyd is too old to be playing 1950s - 1980's Doc anymore, MJF is too old to be playing young Marty, and so on and so forth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast