FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeLorean Warriors Time Machinists, is it out yet?

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Weaver II View Post
    Instead of being a non-objective 3rd party, they got a bit too close and actually added to some of the drama. I don't think it was intentional, but it still happened.
    First rule of documentary filmmaking: Never get involved with those who you're documenting.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Yes, 1,2 and 3 sucked horribly and almost (almost) killed the whole Star Wars universe. But the Force was stronger than that, Disney came in and saved it as they did with Marvel, and now we have new movies coming out that are going to make people completely forget about the prequels.

So, can sequels be made that are well done and add excitement to an existing franchise? Yes, depending on the franchise. Star Wars has many stories that can be told, being it's own universe and all.

BTTF not really, as the story has been told that we really care about. However there could be room for some smaller webisodes that cover how Doc found the perfect way to build a time machine, tested it, etc. and those could be quite comical, but there's not enough there for an actual film or should be IMO. Plus, Christopher Lloyd is too old to be playing 1950s - 1980's Doc anymore, MJF is too old to be playing young Marty, and so on and so forth.
    Methinks Disney either will save StarWars or StarWars will go down in a flaming pile of poo because of Disney. I'll just leave that one there. I loved the original 3 (Eps 4, 5, and 6), so Disney has a high bar to overcome.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

As a non Star Wars fan, I'm excited FOR Star Wars fans because of JJ Abrams. If anyone can rescue the franchise from the cesspool of the prequels, it's him.

SW fans are going to be pleasantly surprised when the new movies come out, and have a level of excitement that parallels the original films.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post

SW fans are going to be pleasantly surprised when the new movies come out, and have a level of excitement that parallels the original films.
    I agree. Even though the Star Trek reboots cerated a new timeline, I thought they were well done and a lot of fun. But then I'm not a Trekkie (or Trekker or whatever they call themselves..).

Btw, go see the new Avengers in 3D so you can see the latest Star Wars trailer in 3D - which, sadly I have not. Yet.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Of course they will. They've already got the biggest case of cinematic blue balls in history, possibly only matched by gamers waiting for "Half Life 3."

Since everything is an action movie now, I expect Abrams to do just fine. He knows how to make a good action movie that will get good reviews and make money. The new "Star Trek" movies did well because they weren't "Star Trek" -- they were action movies with simplified/overdriven Trek characters in them. I know fans who prefer to say that the franchise ended with "Star Trek VI" because the TNG movies were so embarrassing. And these are hard-core Trek fans, too -- they don't embarrass easily.

Hey, I figured I might as well chime in since we were already so far off topic.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Of course they will. They've already got the biggest case of cinematic blue balls in history, possibly only matched by gamers waiting for "Duke Nukem Forever."
    FTFY. Need I mention the 3+ iterations, constant teaser screenshots, all before going under and still managing to release it 12 years later?

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    FTFY. Need I mention the 3+ iterations, constant teaser screenshots, all before going under and still managing to release it 12 years later?
    Man, I remember back in 1998 or so when some shady independent software stores were doing pre-release sales of Duke Nukem Forever. $50 got you a voucher for a copy of the game when it would be released that you could pickup when it arrived. I always wondered how many of those places are still in business...
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2