FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Guess what? PICNIC DAY 2015 IS ALMOST HERE!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Guess what? PICNIC DAY 2015 IS ALMOST HERE!

Hey again everyone!!

It's that time of year. I just completed our application for Picnic Day 2015.

This year, it will be on April 18th. Same rules/gist as every year. Link to the event is here: http://picnicday.ucdavis.edu/

Come on out, it's always a REALLY good time and a fun day. I am really, really, REALLY hoping to get that elusive 10 car entry this year. Remember that 2015 is a big year for DeLorean owners, so let's make it count.

Plenty of advance notice on this one so start blocking your calendars now! Shoot me an email/PM or reply to this thread if you're interested so I can get your email address. I'll need to get all that insurance info from you as we get closer to the big day.

Watch this space and thanks in advance!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    05457

Major bummer! I'm on traveling on vacation the 18th. Great annual event though, thanks for organizing. Can't wait to see the pictures!
    David Proehl

[QUOTE=jawn101;164782]Hey again everyone!!

It's that time of year. I just completed our application for Picnic Day 2015.

This year, it will be on April 18th. Same rules/gist as every year. Link to the event is here: http://picnicday.ucdavis.edu/

Come on out, it's always a REALLY good time and a fun day. I am really, really, REALLY hoping to get that elusive 10 car entry this year. Remember that 2015 is a big year for DeLorean owners, so let's make it count.

Plenty of advance notice on this one so start blocking your calendars now! Shoot me an email/PM or reply to this thread if you're interested so I can get your email address. I'll need to get all that insurance info from you as we get closer to the big day.

Watch this space and thanks in advance![/QUOT

3130 will be there. Now I have a good excuse to get that steering rack replaced

My VIN:    11280

I should be there too! I'm recruiting a new member too. Some of you know Amdrew already but hopefully we can get his car looking a bit more parade worthy by then.

My VIN:    05287

Hope it went well for everyone, sorry I can't ever seem to make this event. I always have to work that weekend I almost think the coordinators are on it.

Looking forward to seeing tons of pictures!

My VIN:    0934

Quote Originally Posted by elfking View Post
    Hope it went well for everyone, sorry I can't ever seem to make this event. I always have to work that weekend I almost think the coordinators are on it.

Looking forward to seeing tons of pictures!
    Photos? Say no more!

Here's where to find some shots from the fun yesterday in the big Picnic Day Parade in Davis, Calif. See if you can find the Hoverboard, the Amphicar and the double-decker trike.

AND the Time Machine...

LINK: 2015 Picnic Day Parade

OK, here's at least one embedded photo to start with...

IMG_3043.jpg

Two new owners shared the fun to make a total of 7 Ds, the crowd went wild and we all had a great time!

Big thank you to Jon for organizing it again!!
    Last edited by Rich; 04-19-2015 at 08:29 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    6235

Sweet gathering. That would have been a fun event to go too. Dang it. Maybe next year!