FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Someone's Yard With 7 or 8 Deloreans??

My VIN:    05457

A few other DeLorean & Tardis related images:

David Proehl

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by bxtech View Post
    I had no idea about Tardis.

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

This is a custom art piece my wife had commissioned for me as a Christmas gift. The artist is a buddy of mine, and plans to sell prints soon.

tardisdelorean.jpg

I guess I'm the oddball out!, the minority group, etc.... haha! I really don't keep up on the science fiction stuff. Definitely cool, but I'm not an avid fan I guess. I think I'm one of the few that loved Deloreans for being a Delorean and not because of BTTF, etc. I loved the Delorean when it came out, long before the BTTF hype. Don't get me wrong, I love BTTF too! I have to be honest that it's Delorean that got me into the movie, and not the movie that got me into Deloreans. Either way, it's all cool stuff and I've met some great people because of all of this!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nothing wrong with that. I too have my car because of "the car" and not "the movie".

I am just surprised as you infer that you are young (or "younger"), with all the current pop culture surround Dr Who (more so today than 30 years ago I would say) that you wouldn't recognize the Tardis.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. I too have my car because of "the car" and not "the movie".

I am just surprised as you infer that you are young (or "younger"), with all the current pop culture surround Dr Who (more so today than 30 years ago I would say) that you wouldn't recognize the Tardis.
    I'm definitely not younger. When I clicked on the first link in the search it said that TARDIS was first conceptualized in 1963. I didn't have time at that moment to read the whole thing and I thought this was mainly from the 60's which is before my time. I had no idea that this was still running today.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this (flame suit on), but I have honestly never heard of TARDIS until this thread! Reading online, it looks like it originated in Britain? I assume it's really well known in the UK, but is it also as popular in the US? I never have heard anyone here even talking about it. Maybe I'm not hanging out with the right people!?? haha!
    Last edited by bxtech; 01-20-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Doctor Who is steadily gaining popularity in the US. You can find it on BBC America during the broadcast cycle (being in Canada, I have no idea if they rerun them in a regular loop on weekends, nights, etc...) The entire revived series up to Christmas 2014 is also on netflix (and will apparently stay for now).

I'm also a Car before Movie owner, so I like to mention the TARDIS when I'm approached with time travel comments. If I get puzzled looks, I just show them my keychain.

DeLo Key and Keychains.jpg

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by bxtech View Post
    I'm definitely not younger. When I clicked on the first link in the search it said that TARDIS was first conceptualized in 1963. I didn't have time at that moment to read the whole thing and I thought this was mainly from the 60's which is before my time. I had no idea that this was still running today.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this (flame suit on), but I have honestly never heard of TARDIS until this thread! Reading online, it looks like it originated in Britain? I assume it's really well known in the UK, but is it also as popular in the US? I never have heard anyone here even talking about it. Maybe I'm not hanging out with the right people!?? haha!

I have to admit I have never heard of Tardis or Doctor Who either until becoming a member of this forum. I'm in my Forty's and don't follow science fiction or comicon.
    Barry

My VIN:    5312

DEF an oldie but goodie lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I have to admit I have never heard of Tardis or Doctor Who either until becoming a member of this forum. I'm in my Forty's and don't follow science fiction or comicon.
    Thanks for posting! That makes me feel much better knowing that at least I'm not the only one! lol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast