FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newbie soon to arrive in VA!

My VIN:    6989

Newbie soon to arrive in VA!

Greetings to everyone!

My name is Chris, I'm new to the forum, and the proud owner of a lovely 83 DMC-12 (bought from Delorean Northwest).
    I'm finishing up my tour here in Japan around October, after which I will be stationed in Norfolk, Virginia. I'm looking to make contacts and friends who happen to be near the area.

I'll post some pictures of my car as soon as I can. Looking forward to making some new friends!

-Chris

My VIN:    5186

Welcome back home and thanks for serving our country! I live in Deltaville Va, about an hour drive from Norfolk (depending on the traffic). I am retired and have a small shop to work on my "projects".
    My Deloreans are 81 models and I'm still learning how these cars are put together! Look me up when you are back.
    Jim

Jim,

It's my pleasure, and thank you for the support. I'll definitely look you up when I arrive. How are the 81s coming along? Whats the hardest part you've discovered in regards to working on these fine automobiles?

Also, hows the car scene, and DeLorean club atmosphere?

-Chris

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Welcome to the forum, Chris. I'm not near you, but I wanted to say hello just the same.
    - Chris

what

Hello Chris, another 83 entering the arena. I like it I'm #20069.
    Looking forward to a wonderful day in Deltaville Jim

Steve - out of Richmond and sometimes Topping.

The most difficult part for me is alignment of the doors with the body panels. I swapped doors to replace damaged ones and found that they don't just "match up". I have been restoring this one to sell.
    I haven't seen too much of the Virginia Delorean club. Would like to but apparently there isn't a concentration of "Ds" in one area so it's difficult to have activities. Hope your post brings out some more owners.
    Jim

Accipiter and Steve, thank you both for the warm welcome. Steve, I'm assuming you have an 83 as well?

JimD, I've heard alignment is a bit of a pain. What do you do with the damaged panels when you've replaced them?

-Chris

I put them back on my salvage title parts car.

My VIN:    10777

Hi Chris! I live in Virginia Beach and work in Norfolk so it would be easy to get together some day. I do not own a DeLorean but would love to within the next two years depending on finances.

Welcome to the board as well

Mike

Smile Update!

Mike Z, thank you for the kind welcome. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here, work's been busy. :-/ Hope everything works out so you'll have a DeLorean to call your own In the meantime, I'd be happy to get together sometime, along with other fellow enthusiasts as well.

A bit of an update, I will actually be in the Norfolk area around January (I won't be able to leave my current command until December timeframe :-/)
    Looking forward to meeting you guys!

-Chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast