FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN 6054 has been abandoned on my property, does anyone know anything about this car?

My VIN:    891, 1045

VIN 6054 has been abandoned on my property, does anyone know anything about this car?

I'll start by saying that my house has high visibility and I'm known as the DeLorean guy in my area as I normally have 1-2 D's in the driveway. I get the strangest knocks on my door but about a year ago I had a knock and the guy was looking for parts. Lucky me. Long story short he bought an auto trans from me about a month later but left it with me. Nearly 6 months later he returned, asking if I could put it in his car. I said if he brought the car to me I'd do it if he paid me so he dropped the car off a few weeks later. Well that was about 2 months ago! All I know is that his first name is Paul and he works construction in the area. I've called his phone number and sent messages dozens of times for him to come get the car but I keep getting the "The person you are calling cannot accept calls at this time, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause" message.

I want to get this car out of my driveway as it's taking up what I have reserved as "my workspace." If anyone has any information on it, please let me know by posting or PM so I can track this guy down. If you don't feel comfortable giving me his information, can you please contact them and relay my phone number (given by PM)?

I walked into my local police department and the license plate that expired in 1997 doesn't come back to anything and neither does the VIN. My next stop is the tag office but I think they'll have even less information. Anyone with a connection in law enforcement that wouldn't mind looking up the info would be great too.

Here's the car for anyone curious how bad it looks. The roof panel has some serious rust and the passenger door is jammed shut, misaligned with the strikers.

P1060993.jpg
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    3028

Maybe it's like in the olden days when people would leave a baby they knew they couldn't take care of on someone's porch.
    Barry

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Maybe it's like in the olden days when people would leave a baby they knew they couldn't take care of on someone's porch.

Looks like a $20k project car to me!
    Jeff

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

You can try an inmate search in your area and see if the picture matches the person, then at least you could rule that route out...
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    You can try an inmate search in your area and see if the picture matches the person, then at least you could rule that route out...
    With possession being 9/10 of the law maybe you can own it! Each State has rules and laws on how you can own abandoned property. For instance if you are a garage and did work on a car and the owner never pays you for it you can put a lien on the car. In other States you can also charge storage and auction the car for your charges. Talk to the local police and find out what to do. It may work out that you can put the transmission into the car, get it to move and auction it off. It is worth a lot more if it moves and you have the transmission to put in.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post

Looks like a $20k project car to me!
    Exactly what I was thinking

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

It's really odd that he would just abandon the car, espicially if he already paid for the transmission. Did he say how long he owned the car? If the title is in his name, the DMV / Secretary of State should be able to at least provide you with his full name. However, if the car has changed hands since it was last titled it might be more difficult to track him down.

Best of luck!

My VIN:    1800

Did you check the glove box for the registration? That's pretty odd someone would leave a car like that.
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Hahahahaha!! Nice!!

James is running a "DeLorphanage"!!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hahahahaha!! Nice!!

James is running a "DeLorphanage"!!!
    Very good
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast