FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Front suspension springs

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Inserted answers here in boldface:

Thin-wallet plan: Install replacement front springs and enough fresh parts to be sure your car's front suspension is safe for the next few years.

In that case, without lowering of the rear, your car will be raked. You will need to get the headlights aimed and what you can see from the inside rearview mirror will change a little bit.
    Ok, so let's assume the Oem shocks are good. What other front suspension parts should I replace along with the lowered front springs while in there? I'm not even sure what a bad bushing looks like in order to diagnose the current state of mine. Unfortunately I really have no experience with suspension work at all. LQA's What bushings? Ball joints? Any help would be appreciated.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Here is the front only lowered. I dont intend on dropping the rear. I like the rake.

As for parts its a good idea to replace the shocks as you have to yank them out while you are at it. But as mentioned if they are in good condition no sense replacing them.

It is harder to jack up the front of my car, a low profile jack would be nice. But right now I can get my current jack under the front of the frame if I take the saddle off.
    Your car has the exact stance I'm looking for! What shocks and springs do you have on the front?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Here is the front only lowered. I dont intend on dropping the rear. I like the rake.

As for parts its a good idea to replace the shocks as you have to yank them out while you are at it. But as mentioned if they are in good condition no sense replacing them.

It is harder to jack up the front of my car, a low profile jack would be nice. But right now I can get my current jack under the front of the frame if I take the saddle off.
    Also, with your setup do have issue with your front tires rubbing? I assume you have stock tire sizes?

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Ok, so let's assume the Oem shocks are good. What other front suspension parts should I replace along with the lowered front springs while in there? I'm not even sure what a bad bushing looks like in order to diagnose the current state of mine. Unfortunately I really have no experience with suspension work at all. LQA's What bushings? Ball joints? Any help would be appreciated.
    Best option is to take the D to a shop and have them look it over. They know what to look for (cracks, looseness or excess play, torn boots, etc.) in the entire suspension-steering system. Any good independent shop will do. Ask them for a safety inspection. Include the front brakes.

PS, this might also be the shop you want to install your new springs/shocks since you mention you are new to suspension work and there will need to be an alignment check afterward in any case.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Also, with your setup do have issue with your front tires rubbing? I assume you have stock tire sizes?
    Im running the exact same tires as you No rubbing whatsoever.

They are the Delorean Europe springs. I hear they are an advertised 4cm drop. Not sure the exact drop on my car but its somewhere around 2 inches.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2