FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DMC bicyclist thread

Club(s):   (DCF)

DMC bicyclist thread

It's been a while since I've posted on here. No DeLorean yet but, I have been building my bike.
    Here is my '07 Bianchi Pista. Rear Velocity deep V. My gear ratio is at 48-15.
    It's fixed, not freewheel.

Let's see what you are riding!
    *PLEASE, while everyone is entitled to their opinions, no passing judgement in negative ways. If you have nothing nice or useful to say, don't say it*
    You gotta be a big dog if you piss on big trees.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I ride a Bottecchia carbon...which as most people know is a rebranded Bikes Direct type of ride. I personally love it! I rode an aluminium roadie for a few years before I upgraded to this one. I have had it for 2 or 3 years now, no plans to upgrade anytime soon. She gets out at least 2-3 times a week....much more than my Delorean
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (DCF)

How smooth does that bike ride? Does it take in impact from the usual bumps in the road pretty well? I took off my white wraps and though there is a difference naked, it doesn't bother me too much.

So far riding, I've managed for a bird to collide with my face, almost run over a peacock, and run over a nice size pile of dog crap. Though I laugh now, when it all happened I wasn't very happy.
    You gotta be a big dog if you piss on big trees.

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Bike

2002 Trek Madone 5.2 SL - Road,
    2001 Lightspeed - MTB

I've riden the Trek approx. 6,500 miles and I don't like it. The frame creeks and is just not stiff enough. This is the first and last Trek purchase. I'm going to a Cannondale Super Six after this one is done.

Kirk
    Attached Images

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by xjoshsmallx View Post
    How smooth does that bike ride? Does it take in impact from the usual bumps in the road pretty well? I took off my white wraps and though there is a difference naked, it doesn't bother me too much.

So far riding, I've managed for a bird to collide with my face, almost run over a peacock, and run over a nice size pile of dog crap. Though I laugh now, when it all happened I wasn't very happy.
    I was pretty impressed with the ride. My alum. bike was light, decent components, but very unforgiving in the bump department. This one is like a cloud! This is my first carbon bike, and I'm really happy with it. The roads I ride on are all in pretty good shape, but around East Tenn., you can't ride for more than 5-10 miles without facing a monster climb, so riding here whips you into shape pretty quickly. I'm taking it with me to the beach this Fall, and maybe...just maybe I will get my goal of riding a century in down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    2002 Trek Madone 5.2 SL - Road,
    2001 Lightspeed - MTB

I've riden the Trek approx. 6,500 miles and I don't like it. The frame creeks and is just not stiff enough. This is the first and last Trek purchase. I'm going to a Cannondale Super Six after this one is done.

Kirk
    I have around 2.5k on mine, and it does creak a little under heavy torque, but not so much as to become distracting. I figured it was just the nature of carbon against the metal bits. I can look at my top tube and steer quickly left to right and actually see the frame flex! It's a little unsettling to watch it, but looking ahead, you would really never know it. You can feel it in the ride however...no complaints there.
    Last edited by Michael; 08-10-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The last bike I owned was a piece of crap mountain bike from Walmart.. I think it is still in the garage.. No longer functional, but I took it up and down a nearby mountain road when I was a kid.