FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DMC bicyclist thread

Club(s):   (DCF)

DMC bicyclist thread

It's been a while since I've posted on here. No DeLorean yet but, I have been building my bike.
    Here is my '07 Bianchi Pista. Rear Velocity deep V. My gear ratio is at 48-15.
    It's fixed, not freewheel.

Let's see what you are riding!
    *PLEASE, while everyone is entitled to their opinions, no passing judgement in negative ways. If you have nothing nice or useful to say, don't say it*
    You gotta be a big dog if you piss on big trees.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I ride a Bottecchia carbon...which as most people know is a rebranded Bikes Direct type of ride. I personally love it! I rode an aluminium roadie for a few years before I upgraded to this one. I have had it for 2 or 3 years now, no plans to upgrade anytime soon. She gets out at least 2-3 times a week....much more than my Delorean
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (DCF)

How smooth does that bike ride? Does it take in impact from the usual bumps in the road pretty well? I took off my white wraps and though there is a difference naked, it doesn't bother me too much.

So far riding, I've managed for a bird to collide with my face, almost run over a peacock, and run over a nice size pile of dog crap. Though I laugh now, when it all happened I wasn't very happy.
    You gotta be a big dog if you piss on big trees.

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Bike

2002 Trek Madone 5.2 SL - Road,
    2001 Lightspeed - MTB

I've riden the Trek approx. 6,500 miles and I don't like it. The frame creeks and is just not stiff enough. This is the first and last Trek purchase. I'm going to a Cannondale Super Six after this one is done.

Kirk
    Attached Images

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by xjoshsmallx View Post
    How smooth does that bike ride? Does it take in impact from the usual bumps in the road pretty well? I took off my white wraps and though there is a difference naked, it doesn't bother me too much.

So far riding, I've managed for a bird to collide with my face, almost run over a peacock, and run over a nice size pile of dog crap. Though I laugh now, when it all happened I wasn't very happy.
    I was pretty impressed with the ride. My alum. bike was light, decent components, but very unforgiving in the bump department. This one is like a cloud! This is my first carbon bike, and I'm really happy with it. The roads I ride on are all in pretty good shape, but around East Tenn., you can't ride for more than 5-10 miles without facing a monster climb, so riding here whips you into shape pretty quickly. I'm taking it with me to the beach this Fall, and maybe...just maybe I will get my goal of riding a century in down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    2002 Trek Madone 5.2 SL - Road,
    2001 Lightspeed - MTB

I've riden the Trek approx. 6,500 miles and I don't like it. The frame creeks and is just not stiff enough. This is the first and last Trek purchase. I'm going to a Cannondale Super Six after this one is done.

Kirk
    I have around 2.5k on mine, and it does creak a little under heavy torque, but not so much as to become distracting. I figured it was just the nature of carbon against the metal bits. I can look at my top tube and steer quickly left to right and actually see the frame flex! It's a little unsettling to watch it, but looking ahead, you would really never know it. You can feel it in the ride however...no complaints there.
    Last edited by Michael; 08-10-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The last bike I owned was a piece of crap mountain bike from Walmart.. I think it is still in the garage.. No longer functional, but I took it up and down a nearby mountain road when I was a kid.