FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to buy Fuel Components

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by DAP John View Post
    Mike, I have been rebuilding complete fuel systems and building rebuilding fuel parts for 15 years. Naturally people copy me on what I do but that is part of the game.
    If you ever have trouble with any of the fuel system I will be the first to ask you what is wrong to try to save you any money and I am the only one that will loan parts to help save you save on repair. That goes for warm up regulators, distributors, frequency valves and what ever. My prices are good, but it's up to you where you buy the parts.
    WWW.deloreanautoparts.com
    John Hervey

PS: I don't know what is wrong with Jeff
    Hey John. You're right, I do have a problem with your attitude when you laughed at me the first time I ever called you. I hung up and that was the end of that for me. Not sure if you're aware but there is a whole thread on your business practices here, 10 pages long and mostly full of people like me who have issue with your outfit. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?79...ness+practices

It's really too bad because I used to live in Heath, just down the road from you. It certainly would have been convenient, but why when I get such better treatment from all the other vendors? I'd rather pay shipping then deal with you.
    Jeff

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    I have fitted John's S/Steel fuel lines on two of my cars and helped fit on a few other members cars they have always been very good quality and value. On another subject I fitted DPI's fan kit about a year ago and that's a superb upgrade to have on your car. I'm sure Josh's fuel lines are great quality to.
    Chris
    Thank you for the great write up in your club magazine!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Fuel Where to buy Fuel Components

Just to add my two cents worth: I've dealt with Houston, Josh, and John and I have to say they all have their pro's and con's but I'm glad they're all here for us Delorean owners. John is a bit temperamental but he has always taken the time to explain and help solve any of my Delorean questions and problems no matter how stupid they sounded. His products for the most part work as advertised and are reasonably priced as well. His website is a treasure of information especially when you're new to this game. If price is of no concern, go with Josh, his products are excellent and extremely high in quality, plus like John he is there for you and will take the time to answer all of your questions. Houston has great products but some of their NOS can be disappointing, an example is when I ordered a label set from them and found that over half the labels were so old they wouldn't peel off the backing paper. Also some of their NOS parts actually look old or used so don't expect a pristine finish on them. But they do try to answer any of your questions and are glad to refund your money if you're not satisfied and in some situations they're the only game in town. So even with some of their pro's and con's I still love them all!

My VIN:    10268

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Thank You everybody for the suggestions.
    I of course want a set that includes all the fuel lines (DMCH doesn't appear offer that) so that leaves me with DPI or SpecialT.
    I guess I'll have to think about it. I feel like it's going to hurt spending $375 on fuel lines when I have other stuff to still do, but I only want to ever do it once

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5442 View Post
    Thank You everybody for the suggestions.
    I of course want a set that includes all the fuel lines (DMCH doesn't appear offer that) so that leaves me with DPI or SpecialT.
    I guess I'll have to think about it. I feel like it's going to hurt spending $375 on fuel lines when I have other stuff to still do, but I only want to ever do it once
    FWIW - I've got close to $1k costs in replacement fuel system components (lines, fittings, seals, hoses, filter, pump parts, accumulator kit, etc.) Better safe than sorry IMO.
    Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2