FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy Fuel Components

My VIN:    10268

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Where to buy Fuel Components

I am finally going to open up my wallet and purchase new engine fuel lines, control pressure regulator, accumulator, and possibly injectors. I have already replaced the fuel pump with DMC's modern version last summer. I wanted to get people's opinions on where the best place to buy these components is before I hastily make purchases.

I see DMC has a set of stainless fuel lines for sale, but it also looks like Specialty auto has a set that is less expensive and includes a few more lines besides just the injector lines. Any thoughts on which ones?

Thank You!

-Mike

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5442 View Post
    I am finally going to open up my wallet and purchase new engine fuel lines, control pressure regulator, accumulator, and possibly injectors. I have already replaced the fuel pump with DMC's modern version last summer. I wanted to get people's opinions on where the best place to buy these components is before I hastily make purchases.

I see DMC has a set of stainless fuel lines for sale, but it also looks like Specialty auto has a set that is less expensive and includes a few more lines besides just the injector lines. Any thoughts on which ones?

Thank You!

-Mike
    I purchased the DPI line kit and would recommend these again. I purchased the accumulator kit, pump boot, pump lines, and pump screen/filter from DMCH. The injectors are pricey to replace and so I didn't do those. You can do a fuel flow test on the injectors to see if you have a problem there. I would do that before buying replacements.

I also bought the fuel filter kit from DMCH.

I won't use SpecialT/John Hervey as he's a PITA to deal with especially when the other vendors are nice and helpful.
    Jeff

My VIN:    15275

rock auto

has our injectors for a good price.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    has our injectors for a good price.
    I wondered about those... Are they an exact match? Bosch brand and all or a cheap knock off?

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    10268

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I purchased the DPI line kit and would recommend these again. I purchased the accumulator kit, pump boot, pump lines, and pump screen/filter from DMCH. The injectors are pricey to replace and so I didn't do those. You can do a fuel flow test on the injectors to see if you have a problem there. I would do that before buying replacements.

I also bought the fuel filter kit from DMCH.

I won't use SpecialT/John Hervey as he's a PITA to deal with especially when the other vendors are nice and helpful.
    I looked into DPI and they say their lines are 100% new and sound to be better quality than SpecialT, based on the fact they don't want your old ones as core.
    I'm going to check my injectors too. I'm trying to solve a rich mixture problem after the car sat for almost 10 years by the previous owner.

Thanks for the tips

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Our line kit includes all 13 lines with a protective sheathing. We do not reuse any of the stock fittings and only use eaton line ends designed for orientation after crimping. This means the barb is designed to swivel once crimped allowing for the perfect "tucked" look of the injector lines. Previously this kit did require cutting the return line for installation with a new compression sleeve. This has been updated with another purpose manufactured adapter making this fully plug and play.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Previously this kit did require cutting the return line for installation with a new compression sleeve. This has been updated with another purpose manufactured adapter making this fully plug and play.
    Boy this would have been nice to have last year. That return line compression fitting was the hardest part. Glad you sorted that out going forward.
    Jeff

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Updated for owner convenience. Not a problem on build cars with new stainless lines!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

www.deloreanautoparts.com

My VIN:    Have 8 D's will supply vin's later.

fuel lines and system

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5442 View Post

Thank You!

-Mike
    Mike, I have been rebuilding complete fuel systems and building rebuilding fuel parts for 15 years. Naturally people copy me on what I do but that is part of the game.
    If you ever have trouble with any of the fuel system I will be the first to ask you what is wrong to try to save you any money and I am the only one that will loan parts to help save you save on repair. That goes for warm up regulators, distributors, frequency valves and what ever. My prices are good, but it's up to you where you buy the parts.
    WWW.deloreanautoparts.com
    John Hervey

PS: I don't know what is wrong with Jeff

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

I have fitted John's S/Steel fuel lines on two of my cars and helped fit on a few other members cars they have always been very good quality and value. On another subject I fitted DPI's fan kit about a year ago and that's a superb upgrade to have on your car. I'm sure Josh's fuel lines are great quality to.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast