FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Door locks seizing

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Attachment 33043

This is a picture of a similar relay (but not exactly the same relay in the DLM). The red arrow shows the contact point where the arm of the relay (the bit that physically moves as the current is applied - thus the clicking sound) closes the circuit. In a stuck relay this contact point will be closed (or touching) all the time. Sometimes the contact is fused closed (essentially welded together), or other times it could be that the mechanism of the arm is no longer working and the arm won't withdrawal from the contact point (broken or worn out spring). The contact points are usually very close, so there may be sufficient carbon buildup on the surface to essentially have the relay act as if it were closed.
    Cool, thanks for the info! I'll check it out.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Found this picture online. The DLM is the black plastic box with the wires coming from it.

Is it a single wire that has to be disconnected in the black box or the whole bunch in the connector ?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Just the 12v to the circuit breaker.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Just the 12v to the circuit breaker.
    Would that be the thicker red wire on the picture ?

I'm colour blind, but yes I think it's red. Terminates with a female spade connector at the breaker. The only other wires terminate at the molex connector harness
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I'm colour blind, but yes I think it's red. Terminates with a female spade connector at the breaker. The only other wires terminate at the molex connector harness
    thanks dave

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Ok guys

I started having an issue with the central locking system. I can use the keys in the door and the locks operate as though they should. However if I am in the car with the doors closed and hit the door lock switch on either door the solinoids lock but freeze in the lock position, thus locking me in the car. The only way to get the solinoids to release is by pulling the lock module power wire from the power lock circuit breaker and de-energizing the lock solinoids. Does this mean my factory lock module is toast (or rather the relays inside it)? If I pull out the lock module and open it up what should I be looking for?

I don't really care about having power locks now, but would like to hook up a keyless entry unit or a wings a loft system at some point down the road.

What I don't want to happen again.......getting locked inside the @!#% car again

What is everyone's thoughts?
    I am curious, how the hell did you get out ?, I live out in the sticks and can just imagine getting trapped in that car.

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Antileon View Post
    I am curious, how the hell did you get out ?, I live out in the sticks and can just imagine getting trapped in that car.
    I was able to get out by pulling the power to the lock module, de-energizing the seized lock module, and manually unlocking the door. Though I must admit it didn't happen as quick as the explanation.....
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I was able to get out by pulling the power to the lock module, de-energizing the seized lock module, and manually unlocking the door. Though I must admit it didn't happen as quick as the explanation.....
    Why I'm just going to stick with my manual locks. Too much claustrophobia for me. Good Luck though!
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Toby's actuator update is cheap. $120 I think. Worth it.

If you're worried but want to chance it, you can fuse your DLM. That will keep you from getting locked in, burning out your solenoids (if they aren't already), killing your battery or hurting the relays in the DLM.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2