FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 02 sensor issues!!! (Removal)

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

We do. See the thread above yours in FAQ.
    Rob Grady
    Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Update!

Though I was really nervous to start tackling the exhaust manifold removal after all of my other bad luck, I am pleased to report that I was able to take off the drivers side with only one stud breaking on me. Luckily there was enough stud left to grab onto to get it out!

One side down, one to go.....

Btw, who sells the stainless studs/nuts/crush washers?

My VIN:    5625

Another update!

I am happy to report that the passenger side exhaust manifold surprisingly came off with no issues, even the studs from the engine block..... Now I just need to figure out who's exhaust system I'm saving for......

Do you guys re-use the heat shield for the starter, or is there a non-asbestos aftermarket one available?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Another update!

I am happy to report that the passenger side exhaust manifold surprisingly came off with no issues, even the studs from the engine block..... Now I just need to figure out who's exhaust system I'm saving for......

Do you guys re-use the heat shield for the starter, or is there a non-asbestos aftermarket one available?
    http://store.delorean.com/p-6827-heatshield.aspx
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

There is a factory stainless one available that for some reason never made it onto the production cars as per Dave's link..
    Rob Grady
    Another update!

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

No heat shield required on a SPEC I system. It is always advised to ditch the stock starter and upgrade to a late premiere style.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5625

Does anyone know how I can clean the head surface where the exhaust gasket will go? I want to make sure the mating surface will be perfect, but I don't want to hurt the heads. What sort of tool / chemicals can I use? Pics?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Surface contamination can be carefully dealt with via scotch brite pad and penetrating oil. Finished with cleaning off with brake clean. Make sure to plug the ports.

If there is rot present on the matting surface you will need to pull the cylinder heads and machine the surface.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3