FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Power Steering Feedback?

My VIN:    5873

Power Steering Feedback?

Does anyone have some feedback on the Power Steering kit DMC Europe Sells? I am considering it as long as there are no headaches involved. Does anyone else sell something like this?

Thanks

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

We have that kit available as well. I've only driven one car so far with it and was very impressed with the way it transformed the ride qualities. It feels much more nimble and modern with this steering unit and appears to install easily from what I've seen. It was actually an amazing change at low speeds and then the power assist tapers off and feels like a stock car at higher speeds. I'm probably going to install one in my own car in the near future. If I do people could try it and I think it will sell itself.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by sccheech9 View Post
    Does anyone have some feedback on the Power Steering kit DMC Europe Sells? I am considering it as long as there are no headaches involved. Does anyone else sell something like this?

Thanks

My VIN:    5873

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    We have that kit available as well. I've only driven one car so far with it and was very impressed with the way it transformed the ride qualities. It feels much more nimble and modern with this steering unit and appears to install easily from what I've seen. It was actually an amazing change at low speeds and then the power assist tapers off and feels like a stock car at higher speeds. I'm probably going to install one in my own car in the near future. If I do people could try it and I think it will sell itself.

Rob
    Awesome. What do you sell the power steering kit for?

Power Steering Feedback?

I too am considering this same unit and happen to mention it last phone conversation I had with Josh. He suggested something much less expensive, changing the rack & pinions gear ratio making it easier to turn the wheel. He reported a price of $500 but the deal breaker for me was it's not a DIY kit, you have to bring the car to his shop. I'll wait until he opens a shop in Florida.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

The new PSU is here!!! The new PSU is here!!!

I just got the power steering unit in and can't wait to install it in my green machine. The only problem is finding the time to excavate it from my home garage with the relentless snowfalls this winter. It's snowing again as I type this...I'm starting to hate winter!
    Rob

My VIN:    05141

Got the DMCEU kit, and had Ed install it.
    I have it for 3 years now and I absolutely love it!!

Jan

Steering with power

I have had this installed into my car by a friend who is an engineer.

He took 5 hours to install.

Haven't tested it yet as there's still a lot of upgrade work going on but I hope to have the car back on the road by August.