FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Road King Magazine (March/April 2015) featuring the D Rex

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Road King Magazine (March/April 2015) featuring the D Rex

With a week or less until the issues will start hitting the stores, I thought I would post a "heads up" about this profile,
    in case anyone happens to come across the March/April 2015 issue of Road King Magazine over the next few months.

So, if you happen to stop at a TA Travel Center or a Petro Stopping Center almost anywhere in North America, check
    for a FREE copy of the March/April 2015 issue of Road King Magazine, usually right inside the doors, as you enter.

At this point, I still do not know if the D Rex will make the cover of this magazine issue or not, but it is certainly the
    feature article for this issue. Some of my other projects will be mentioned (and maybe a few photos), but Road King
    wanted to focus on the D Rex. Although the photo shoot was done this Winter (and it was pretty cold), we had not
    had our 20"+ snow storm yet, so you can still see the bare ground and a little ice, here and there.

For those of you not near a TA Travel Center or a Petro Stopping Center, the article and photos should be posted on
    the Road King Magazine website and on their Social Media pages by March 1, 2015. Some links posted below.

http://roadking.com/

https://twitter.com/roadkingmag

https://www.facebook.com/RoadKingMagazine

I will post some additional details and a few Behind the Scenes photos of the photo shoot once the issue is released.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Rich's Custom DeLoreans featured in Road King Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    I will post some additional details and a few Behind the Scenes photos of the photo shoot once the issue is released.
    With the March/April 2015 issues of Road King Magazine on their way to a fueling stop near most of you,
    I thought I would post a PDF version of the article here first, so everyone here can get a preview.

Other than spelling my last name wrong (even after a proof-read was offered) as well as a few minor details
    not lining up events in my time-line, and a change of focus away from D Rex only, the article turned out OK.

The photo shoot was several hours long, in very cold temps, with the photographer having to swap out his
    batteries often, for his camera and remote flashes. With over 100 photos taken, they decided on only four.

Attaching preview PDF below of the article and the photos selected. And No, D Rex did not make the cover.

KickinBack DeLoreans.pdf

Attaching a few photos from the early part of the photo shoot, with the great cloud background, and the supplemental lighting and flash units.

RK-Mag-01.jpg

RK-Mag-02.jpg

RK-Mag-03.jpg

RK-Mag-04.jpg

Oops, forgot one from the early part of the photo shoot.

RK-Mag-05.jpg

I will add more photos, next week, from later in the photo shoot.

Hopefully, I will have a copy of the magazine by that time too.

Other than spelling my last name wrong (even after a proof-read was offered) as well as a few minor details
    not lining up events in my time-line, and a change of focus away from D Rex only, the article turned out OK.
    Well, after some last minute discussions, it appears that a name corrected version will be appearing on the Road King website (soon).

Once I receive the name corrected version in PDF form, I will post that in this thread as well.

No word yet if additional photos from the photo shoot will be included with the online version of the article. We shall see.

More behind-the-scenes photos from later in the photo shoot are attached below.

RK-Mag-06.jpg

RK-Mag-07.jpg

RK-Mag-08.jpg

RK-Mag-09.jpg

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nice pics Rich, especially that last one.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Nice pics Rich, especially that last one.
    Thanks Dermot. Although it was cold and partly cloudy, we still had fun with the photo shoot.

As for the article ... the name corrections are made and the corrected version will be on the website as well.

Attaching the corrected article below:

Road King KickinBack DeLoreans.pdf

Road King Magazine - March/April 2015 - Cover Reference - DeLorean Madness

FYI, attaching a copy of the cover of the March/April 2015 issue, for reference,
    in case someone is looking at a TA Travel Center or Petro Stopping Center for
    the issue with my DeLorean Madness article. Note: I highlighted the title of
    the article near the top left corner of the cover of the issue (attached).

RK-Mag-Cover-outline.jpg

Other than the use of Great Scott ! in the title, to catch the reader's attention,
    there are almost no other Back to the Future references in the article.
    Last edited by Rich W; 03-09-2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: fixed type-o, as usual

Thanks Dermot. Although it was cold and partly cloudy, we still had fun with the photo shoot.

As for the article ... the name corrections are made and the corrected version will be on the website as well.

Attaching the corrected article below:

Road King KickinBack DeLoreans.pdf
    Sorry, forgot to post this link about mid-month in March:

http://roadking.com/lifestyle/you-wo...old-deloreans/