FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How To: Smoker - To Find Vacuum Leaks

My VIN:    10110

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Thanks for the input...I used a cigar and blew smoke into it like a madman. I did consistently see smoke around the bottom of the black cylinder-looking thing with the electrical connector on top. It has a small 90-degree hose on the bottom that appeared to have smoke leaking from it. It seems like the clamps need to be tightened, but I first sprayed starting fluid & choke cleaner around it but it didn't make the engine race. I'll try tightening the clamps & see if that makes a difference.
    You talking about the Idle Speed Motor/Regulator?

mjYLQpX7ENO5Mh996UhJF7w.jpg

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You talking about the Idle Speed Motor/Regulator?

mjYLQpX7ENO5Mh996UhJF7w.jpg

Yes sir...thanks for the pic. Both of the clamps on the angled hose were loose.

I'm working on two things at once so I unfortunately haven't been able to start it again to see if there's improvement. I expect to be able to start it tonite after replacing a cooler line.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Yes sir...thanks for the pic. Both of the clamps on the angled hose were loose.

I'm working on two things at once so I unfortunately haven't been able to start it again to see if there's improvement. I expect to be able to start it tonite after replacing a cooler line.

I have things back together and started the car. I noticed an improvement, but it's not 100%.

I borrowed a dwell meter to check the CO....that'll be tomorrow's mission.

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    My brother had issues with vacuum leaks on his jeep. He bought a prop smoke machine for 20$ off ebay. Worked great for him.
    Is there an issue with using the prop smoke machines since the fluid is water based?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3