FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 83 Delorean at DC Classic Cars.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

83 Delorean at DC Classic Cars.

I noticed some flaws on this one such as, faded tailights, faded window switches, dirty engine compartment with some rust areas, slightly faded gauges and original coolant bottle. What else can you see?

http://dc-classic-cars.ebizautos.com...x?iid=12243565

My VIN:    3937

- passenger door, middle light not working.
    - passenger side, seatbelt bolt cover missing (http://store.delorean.com/p-10095-se...-exterior.aspx).
    - driver side highbeam headlight looks misaligned (pointing in a bit too much). Eyebrow fix gone wrong?
    - driver's door is drooping slightly.
    - t-panel looks like it could stand to be built up a bit from underneath on the driver's side, it looks like it's sitting too low on that corner behind the door.
    - driver's seat back is coming away from the rest of the seat.
    - like Chris said, strange alignment with the window switches. Hard to tell which are the dummy switches and which are the window switches.
    - curious choice of fabric colour for the headliners as it looks darker than typical when compared to the rest of the interior carpeting.
    - some sort of cloth or material behind the driver's seat blocking view of the cubby hole?
    - fuel filter hardline coming from accumulator has a piece of flexible rubber hose spliced in. Not the end of the world, but might mean the hardline has/had leaks.
    - no deice shield from throttle spool recall. An 83 car should already have this work done, so not sure why the shield was removed? It appears to have the front end recall reinforcing brackets though.
    - not too confident on the look of the frame underneath with all those colour variations. I'd want to get an up close and personal look before I bid on this car. Too many rusty brackets and fittings (ballast resistor bracket for example) to overlook that might be telling you this car wasn't stored well and has some surprises waiting.

Nitpicking aside, the car does look very nice. Someone that isn't terribly knowledgeable about the cars and is willing to skip a more thorough inspection would probably be all over it. $35k though, that's quite a bit. Another "new norm" maybe?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I've heard some 83s had undercoating applied to them so I'm guessing that's what all of the color variations are on the frame. The worrisome part is whether rust is lurking under all of that black crap and the epoxy.

The very light silver on the fascias was only for 83s, right? Looks a bit too light to my eyes
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    16375

The vin on that car is only 100 numbers off of mine. My car came with the undercoating on it also, but this one looks different. It is certainly not a uniform black color. I have been stripping all the black off, and I haven't found any rust under my car. Maybe the stuff actually worked.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Everytime I open the garage door, my car costs me a roll of toonies.