FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SpecialTAuto stainless brake hose kit!

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Felt nearly identical to the old lines. I haven't felt any difference to note in my head - so I'd say pretty much identical.
    I would have to say the same but I only did the fronts. I know a lot of people claim the SS braided lines feel firmer but I still can't believe that braid does anything to reduce the line expansion. It may be the braid keeps the line cooler and that may help.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I would have to say the same but I only did the fronts. I know a lot of people claim the SS braided lines feel firmer but I still can't believe that braid does anything to reduce the line expansion. It may be the braid keeps the line cooler and that may help.
    Bitsync, you and I are in the same boat. I did only the front too. Pretty much feel exactly the same to the rubber lines.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I would think that old oem brake lines might swell a bit under pressure. Multiply that X4 and you might feel it. Also, you can't install the new lines without bleeding the system, which may not have been done in years. At that point any new set of brake lines would feel firmer.

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

you can get SS DOT approved brake lines here in the US, and likely this is what should be purchased. Unless the SS brake lines also say DOT approved, I would stick with the original rubber units myself.
    Still rocking the Ducellier

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I've had John's SS hose kit for probably over 5 years with no complaints. I am not sure there is a big difference between the "feel" when you apply the brakes but they still look good. I went with these because of the look and because I like the idea of steel protecting the lines instead of rubber.

I have talked to a couple people that have said that they don't feel the difference with the stainless lines. I guess DMC used high quality rubber in the soft lines, because they have lasted 30 years and don't swell like the lines on other cars.

That being said, I had to put them on my SHO because the rear lines would expand and drag the brakes permanantly on. I would only put them on if I was replacing deteriorated parts. You HAVE to change the fluid periodically because you can't inspect the line of the stainless ones like to you can with the rubber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2