FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with Moretto Electronics BTTF glove box gauges

Help needed with Moretto Electronics BTTF glove box gauges

Does anyone know if the bulbs in the Moretto BTTF V3 Plutonium gauge set that mount in the glove box area are 12 volt or 5 volt. I tried emailing him direct and have not received an answer.
    gauge.jpg

Answer is 12v

The bulbs are 12v in case anyone needs to know. There was a lot of complex circuitry back there including 5v generators and I didn't want to burn out the bulbs by supplying to much voltage. The circuit board that lights and moves my needles when the TFC switch is activated and provides the sound has failed and I am having a hard time getting a replacement from the builder of the units. If anyone knows where these are sourced please let me know. Here is a picture. I offered to send the old board back and pay for a new one and have not received an answer. I'm just a fellow hobbyist that loves this stuff and want to get them working again. I am not going to mass produce them for goodness sake.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hylnder777; 03-03-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Circuit board.

Did you have any luck with Morretto?

I have found they can be very slow in responding and fulfilling orders.

I have attached a pic of the current board.

how come your board looks damaged?

Thanks,

Fred
    Attached Images

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

I just noticed the upper board s missing a speaker
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Speaker

Looks like its on the other side of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Did you have any luck with Morretto?

I have found they can be very slow in responding and fulfilling orders.

I have attached a pic of the current board.

how come your board looks damaged?

Thanks,

Fred
    It looks damaged because I had to remove the potting material to try to mend the separated connection

How did you know there was a connection issue under the potting? Some of the damage looks caused when you removed the potting.

Clarification from Moretto Electronics

We have proposed to repair his unit but he kept refusing to send the entire unit.
    He constantly demanded to swap the board, which is not compliant with our terms and conditions of use.
    But no wonder when you see how bad he treated his board: He just destroyed it when removing the potting, and then he took that picture of it so he could complain publicly in the BTTF community and let people know how bad our customer support is.

We explained with him that just about every pair of round gauges is very different in every Gauge unit, so every board is specially calibrated to match with that pair of gauges, and therefore the whole unit needs to be returned for repair.
    Otherwise, if just swapping the board, the needles could just never move or they could jump to saturation.
    This is why we are very clear in the "Terms and conditions of use" section of our web store: The WHOLE units must be returned when a repair is needed.

He never accepted this fact, and now he keeps complaining here...

Quote Originally Posted by hylnder777 View Post
    It looks damaged because I had to remove the potting material to try to mend the separated connection
    I'm trying to wrap my head around this. You're basically saying here (and documenting too) that YOU damaged the unit, and you want THEM to replace it? How does that work exactly? Oh here, let me drive with the hood open on my Impreza until it flies off in the wind. Surely I can get a warranty replacement on it since it's not even a year old, maybe I'll have to pay shipping, but still do it on their dime. I mean, it had a bit of damage beforehand too, so no biggie. Makes TOTAL sense.

"You break it, you bought it" is a pretty universal standard. Seems you've gotten yourself SOL now.

board

Guys, I only removed the potting material after being told it would cost over 400 US to fix and yes I was offered the opportunity. But, told the whole cluster had to be sent back and to send it declaring its a 35 dollar toy. They also informed me it was out of warranty and I would have to wait weeks to get it back. I couldn't risk that or it getting lost. Just to clarify, I never asked for it for free, I offered to pay for a new board, there customer service is good but I cannot have the car waiting for parts as I do many children's charity events. I have since repaired the board and restored functions for under 20 dollars. Don't get me wrong, Moretto makes good stuff, I mean, some of the best.
    Last edited by hylnder777; 05-24-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast