FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Tech Day in Lodi - Saturday March 14

My VIN:    05457

Tech Day in Lodi - Saturday March 14

This is rather last minute, but my wife is going to be out of town this weekend so I was thinking I'd do some work in the garage since I have the place to myself. I'm planning to do my tie rod ends, associated boots, and then also replace my alternator.

Stephen mentioned he wants to install SS brake lines, so it sounds like he is in. Anyone else? The work we have planned shouldn't take too long, so I'm sure there is time for more fun. I only have 2 jack stands, so it may help to have another set so we can have 2 cars up at once.

I can provide food and soda. I'll be working in the garage starting at 8:00 a.m., but you are welcome to come by at any time.

Let me know if you are interested, and I'll PM you my address.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

You are going to start at 8 a.m. but you are posting this at 5 p.m.? Do you mean you're starting tomorrow on Sunday not Saturday like in your title. I'm game to come over if you are doing it tomorrow. I have some new parts on my car you might like to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    You are going to start at 8 a.m. but you are posting this at 5 p.m.? Do you mean you're starting tomorrow on Sunday not Saturday like in your title. I'm game to come over if you are doing it tomorrow. I have some new parts on my car you might like to check out.
    No, I mean Saturday, March 14th like the title says. "Last minute" I guess is subjective since this is technically a week out, but normally it seems like people plan these meet ups several weeks in advance so it feels last minute to me.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    1768

Ok, me so smart... see you there.

Thanks for a great day yesterday! For those that missed it, here is a short time lapse video of all the Tech Day action! 1 second of video is approximately 2.5 real time minutes. My memory card filled up after about 7.5 hours, so this wasn't quite the full day.

On my car we did new tie rod ends and boots, an alternator, and an angle drive cable mount. Stephen got new SS brake lines installed. Jon had his brakes flushed, and Clint's car was shinned up with some stainless polish. David S didn't drive his D over, but lent a hand on all the projects. Fantastic day!

David Proehl

My VIN:    0934

Excellent report; looks like a fun day of teamwork there.

Thanks for that creative and inspiring video! - Rich
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior