FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AC Repair anxiety

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

A/CPro Power Clean & Flush

It was recommended to me by Josh, and it worked well. We did it when all of the fittings were off, we bought one can for the condenser and one for the evaporator.

It smells like citrus too, it was nice

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Okay obviously the components were still in the car. What was the method of application? Sadly, I don't have an air compressor.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Very crucial to have air if you need to flush the system. The flush breaks down the compressor oil etc and can not be left in the system.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Very crucial to have air if you need to flush the system. The flush breaks down the compressor oil etc and can not be left in the system.
    I won't be doing an entire system flush just the two components. Everything else will be replaced including compressor. The clutch is worn out and I'm not going to just remove the shim too the limp it along a few more years. 34 years old is long enough.😉

I do have a portable air tank that I can use for short duration blasting with a blow gun.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I won't be doing an entire system flush just the two components. Everything else will be replaced including compressor. The clutch is worn out and I'm not going to just remove the shim too the limp it along a few more years. 34 years old is long enough.

I do have a portable air tank that I can use for short duration blasting with a blow gun.
    If you don't have the proper tools (an air compressor, a vacuum pump, a charging bottle, manifold gauge set, nitrogen, etc) it is best to just let a shop do that special stuff. A small portable air tank won't do it. As for the compressor, if the clutch is bad it can be replaced. The Sanden compressor seems to be a very reliable part as long as it has some oil in it and the input and output ports are clean and shiny. If you have sticky black goo inside your system flushing may not help and you may have to replace EVERYTHING.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2