FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does the DIN Radio faceplate have the same finish as the original?

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

I will probably get around to making these myself and the wrinkle finish textured vinyl would be on my list of "gotta have it"s!
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidentist View Post
    Well, I'm one of those "anal" guys that would care enough that the difference would bother me...even though it would mean hacking up an original. However, there are enough cars being parted out that I'm not going to feel too bad about it. I'll keep my original and get someone else's spare.

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

On an old blueprint of the early style automatic gearshift the textured is specified, "All exterior surfaces to be satin finished to Martex K5024G."

image.jpg

Thanx for teaching this old dog a new trick! That may come in very handy.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PB Co View Post
    On an old blueprint of the early style automatic gearshift the textured is specified, "All exterior surfaces to be satin finished to Martex K5024G."

image.jpg

My VIN:    First 700

So, I need to cut mine for a double din install. Is there value in getting a new one and selling the stock one (like would someone pay more for it), or is it only of value to me if I wanted to retain it to return to stock someday. I can't ever see me wanting my car to go back to pure stock.

They are offered for sale from time to time so there is value in keeping it as NOS is not avaliable. If you're not in a rush I will be making my own version soon but if you are consult a DMCH vendor.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Flicky View Post
    So, I need to cut mine for a double din install. Is there value in getting a new one and selling the stock one (like would someone pay more for it), or is it only of value to me if I wanted to retain it to return to stock someday. I can't ever see me wanting my car to go back to pure stock.

My VIN:    16377

Rob,

Back when I still owned 15914, I bought the unfinished DIN radio faceplate from DMCH and had the powdercoater that did my frame put a black wrinkle finish on it. I think it came out pretty good. Next time my old car is in your shop, take a look at the faceplate.

Thanks.

-Nick Pitello

There's a DIN faceplate up for sale in germany on eBay (I'm not the seller):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/DMC-12-DeLore...-/201309595847

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2