FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: North Carolina Tech Event (Spring 2015)-Saturday April 18th- in Lexington NC

My VIN:    781

I hate to say it, but I won't be able to make this meet. Life getting in the way of fun and all that.

Hope you guys have a great time! Maybe I can make the next one
    When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...your going over the speed limit.

My VIN:    16882.

Man ole man today's event was the best ever with Rob Grady being in attendance - invaluable!! If you live in the southeast, were available, and didn't come to this event... What in the world were you thinking?

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

My bud John was at the event today and took some pics.

He isn't on this forum.
    Attached Images

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Hey Guys, enjoyed yesterday very much...seeing some old faces and new ones also. Sorry I had to leave early. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Wrap up of second tech session...

Thanks for everyone that attended. We had a blast as usual. I especially enjoyed the Friday night dinner, the ribs were awesome! Special thanks to Rob Grady for coming down and looking over the cars for us. Regarding my cooling fan issue, I had an extremely rare failure of both fans! Everything else in the fan circuit was perfect, just both fans dead. Also a special thanks to the owners of Reedy Creek Tire and Auto. They donated the use of their lifts and tools to us. We got most of the cars on the lift and a detailed inspection of the undercarriages of the cars. There are a lot of things lurking under there to go bad. It was nice to have an expert on hand to point out issues.

Next tech session will be in October. Hope to see you all again then.

My VIN:    781

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Thanks for everyone that attended. We had a blast as usual. I especially enjoyed the Friday night dinner, the ribs were awesome! Special thanks to Rob Grady for coming down and looking over the cars for us. Regarding my cooling fan issue, I had an extremely rare failure of both fans! Everything else in the fan circuit was perfect, just both fans dead. Also a special thanks to the owners of Reedy Creek Tire and Auto. They donated the use of their lifts and tools to us. We got most of the cars on the lift and a detailed inspection of the undercarriages of the cars. There are a lot of things lurking under there to go bad. It was nice to have an expert on hand to point out issues.

Next tech session will be in October. Hope to see you all again then.
    I hate I had to miss it as it sounds like you guys had a great, and productive, time. I would have loved to met Rob as well as my car went through his shop back in 96'. I even still have all the old receipts of work done from the PO.
    Hopefully he might be able to attend again in the future
    When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...your going over the speed limit.

Tech session

Darren,thanks for a great event and for making your home open to all of us. Good to see Rob again as well. Those of you who missed out,please try to support Darren in the future,it is worth your time. Steve.

You talk some TV, I talk some TV zer0v3locity's Avatar

My VIN:    #2628 (Black, Auto)

I hate I missed this. I am a new owner in Hickory, NC and would love to meet other owners in the area. I was told today that someone in Lincolnton owns one. Anyone know who's it is?

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I gotta thank the people that come to the events. Without participants, I'd be all alone! I've found a new owner in the Raleigh area on Facebook. There is another owner in the Hickory area (may be the Lincolnton one?) that I've invited to tech sessions, but he hasn't shown up yet. I'd be happy to have a get together before October, but it is so damn hot, we'd probably want to stay inside and not be outside with the cars. I've considered a summer driving event up into the mountains, but I need to get one of my cars back on the road to accomplish that!

My VIN:    16882.

Quote Originally Posted by zer0v3locity View Post
    I hate I missed this. I am a new owner in Hickory, NC and would love to meet other owners in the area. I was told today that someone in Lincolnton owns one. Anyone know who's it is?
    Welcome! I actually bought my car in Hickory so we have that connection. Let me know if you need anything!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5