FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stock Exhaust vs Stage 1 Exhaust, Dyno Tested Results!

And the coil, and its and the resistor's connections?
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

That's true, i think i replaced those during the test. I still have the original coil and resistor at home, ill reinstall them and see what happens again.

My VIN:    5625

What did you use to cover the starter and alternator wiring to prevent heat damage from the header?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

For now just some silver heat reflective tape, now that i have some spare time im going to reroute the wires and get some nice kevlar heat protection sleeves.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

It's probably there but just headless at this point! It's not uncommon to see where someone overtightens the brass screw/s to the point where it breaks off.
    This is either they think it's a "shearbolt" by design (like the ignition lock bolts for example) or because they also lack much of a "head" on thier shoulders as well!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Nice write-up Wolff.

Question: is there something in place plugging the middle hole (of three) where we normally see the three brass screws (plugs)?

http://store.delorean.com/p-6400-plug.aspx

It's been mentioned recently on another thread when chasing a vacuum leak/idle problem and noticed in this photo that it looks like one of yours isn't there.

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Great thread ! I wish I did the same when I changed to headers and open exhaust.
    I wonder how much one of those "portable" dynos cost.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

We were going to build a trailer rig for this dyno to make it portable but decided against it. They cost around $20-30k new.

Starter wire routing

So I have learned the hard way that you cant install the passenger side header with the exhaust manifold studs already mounted and other items not either disassembled completely or at least loosened.(I should have read your post a little closer). It also appears that it would be much easier to route the starter wires and hook them up prior to fully installing the header. Any thoughts on that?

Does anyone have a pic of how they routed the starter wires around the header? Maybe a view from the top down? Any future issues with the header melting the starter wires?

This passenger side header is really a PIA to install on these stage 1 systems!! Can't wait till its finished!
    Last edited by Trstno1; 03-25-2015 at 03:54 PM.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Starter wire routing

Do you happen to have a picture from the top looking down on how you routed your starter wires through or around the header? I am currently installing my stage 1 exhaust and am having issues with the wire run to the starter.

Also, did you install a starter heat shield? If so, what sort of spacers did you use?

Thanks in advance

My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD001815

Currently running hollow cats on stock exhaust.....

thinking about doing a header setup (from Hervey over the winter w/ Flo's for mufflers. Already have cold air pipe alone and as I said, the Cats have been hollowed out before I got the car. Interested in seeing what difference it will make.... Acctually, ideal set up would be able to find a Peuguet 604 intake manifold and carb it with Holly or Edelbrook... Any manafolds out there for sale??? :-)'

Thanks,

RTC Vin #1815 Auto w/48k miles

RTCraver

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast