FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Vintage DMC "Style Auto" jacket

My VIN:    16409

Vintage DMC "Style Auto" jacket

Back in the 80's a company called Style Auto made wind breaker style jackets with different automotive brand themes. My first exposure to these jackets was with one of these:

image.jpg

My guess is DeLorean Clubs would make these for their members. Maybe even the DOA. They don't come up for sale very often. So when I saw it on eBay, I popped on it. It was a small, so I was really just buying it as a collectible. It was less than $20, probably because of the size. Anyway, a few weeks ago I saw another one come up for sale.

image.jpg

I wasn't in love with the price (or size, it was a medium), so I just added it to my watched items and decided whether I wanted to spend the money. Well, I waited too long and someone else bought it. I then thought these jackets are not "DeLorean" specific, they must exist in other forms. So I just searched "Style Auto Jacket" on eBay, and a bunch of results came up. There were all different colors with many different auto brands, Porche, Ferarri, ect. I found this one for sale for $39:

image.jpg

This one had a Cadillac logo embroidered on it. I thought, why not just buy a DMC patch from the vendors and have it sewn onto the jacket. This will be much cheaper and you can have a more unique jacket to suit your own tastes. Here's the jacket with the patch in place.

image.jpg

Lastly, here is a picture of the two patches for comparison:

image.jpg

I rather like the black color. There was another one that was black with red/orange piping my buddy just got. So if you're interested, keep an eye out on eBay and buy a DMC patch.
    Last edited by Chris 16409; 03-17-2015 at 12:47 AM.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

And back in the day, DeLorean One used to sell this cool silver jacket with the DMC emblem embroidered on it.

Attached Images
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    And back in the day, DeLorean One used to sell this cool silver jacket with the DMC emblem embroidered on it.

That jacket looks identical to my DeLorean Owners Association jacket...different patch of course.
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!