FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Backlit Electronic Instrument Cluster

My VIN:    6125

I am definitely interested in buying one of these when they become available. Keep us all posted on progress!

My VIN:    16655

I'd definitely be all for this, especially if we could customize the color of the lights- my own cluster has all the white lights replaced with red for better night vision (though I need to do something about the stupidly bright green light for the headlights... I need a photocell for that so it's bright enough to see in the daytime and then dims considerably at night).

The replacement for the angle drive is particularly of interest to me since it would make one more thing much easier on the car: hooking up an aftermarket cruise control. I could do away with occasionally touchy magnet system I have now and just hook the new VSS up to the cruise control and have it run off of that. You could even natively put an extra connector on the setup to tap off for either a cruise system or for another accessory (like a BTTF digital speedometer) to pull a speed reading from...

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

If you want to go nuts, you could build the lighting with red, green, and blue leds, individually or with rgb modules. With the right driver you can select preset colors or even mix most any color you can think of. RGB would also mix to white.

I figured that I might do something to update my display one day, but I was waiting for electronic paper displays to get a little more mature. In a couple years I think we'll be able to put in two side by side e-paper displays, and make them look like anything...

My VIN:    16419

Really interested

Okay now I am chomping at the bit for two things for my car. One is the Double din adapter that I cant wait to have finished and now the back lit binicle. I definately want it. If you can have it in Blue led, That would be awesome. WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN?
    I am finishing up all the engine and suspension and electrical and exhaust upgrades now and wanting to start the interior upgrades soon.
    When when when when.

www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    11626

Respect Jim, I know what a hard work it can be to come up with some new.
    I am in for a unit as well.

Regards Ed
    www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyukun View Post
    I need to do something about the stupidly bright green light for the headlights... I need a photocell for that so it's bright enough to see in the daytime and then dims considerably at night).
    Don't use LED's in that location. They are annoyingly bright.

Replace those bulbs with a lower watt type: You only see them at night anyway.

161 (3W) 14V 13 lumens I think I use this one. But, I have not been in the Cluster in years. The intensity in my cluster is much less in that location than the signal indicators

194NA (4W) 14V 19 lumens This has a greenish coating on it.

194 (4W) 14V 27 lumens I use 194G ( green) 25 lumens for cluster illumination I wish it was a little brighter. I don't think they make a 168G though. Green LEDS are Too Bright IMO.

168 (5W) 14V 38 lumens
    Last edited by DMC5180; 08-13-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Awesome project, keep us informed pleased

My VIN:    16419

respect

Oh, don't miss understand. I do know how much work it is to do something like that. I custom made a lot of stuff for my last car. I am just very happy someone is doing it. Looking forward to seeing it done and in my car

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

badass. i like mods that improve the look/functionality while maintaining the 'stock' feel.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by jfirios View Post
    WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN?
    When when when when.
    Read post #1 in this thread. Your answer is there there there there, there there there there.

Patience is important when your car is 30 years old...

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast