FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Door Hinges

Door Hinges

Hi all-

Can someone tell me if the pivot pin in the door hinges(body to door) can easily be tapped or pressed out? Would like to know before I start tapping away to try and get the pin out. I'm having them powder coated and though it would be easier if I disassembled them.

Thanks

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

I dont recommend it and it's not necessary as they can be done assembled. It may not stay in once you remove it and you'd damage the paint anyway with the force it would require. Bear in mind how rare the L/H frt is as well!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_SS_TT View Post
    Hi all-

Can someone tell me if the pivot pin in the door hinges(body to door) can easily be tapped or pressed out? Would like to know before I start tapping away to try and get the pin out. I'm having them powder coated and though it would be easier if I disassembled them.

Thanks

yeah kinda what I was thinking...especially if I mess up the LHF hinge. Thanks Rob!

My VIN:    16795

I was able to press it out without difficulty. If I remember correctly you have to press the pin towards the front. But on reassembly for the part the pin presses into I used a new part made from 7050 aluminum, so I can't comment on what Rob said about the pin not staying in if you press it back into the original part.